What is the best palette for oil paints?

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 02:30 am
This is for my mom who is an avid painter. She uses a plastic palette now and it is now in a ghastly state with all that dried paint! How good are ceramic or glass palettes for oil paints? Wood? We're looking for something that'll make the cleaning process a lot easier. And any cleaning tips are most welcome.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 391 • Replies: 4
No top replies

janet11

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 03:03 am
@chirchri,
What about the Acrylic Palette? This sturdy clear plastic palette allows you to see true undistorted colour, with smooth and roomy surface for proper loading of brushes and knives. What's more, It can completely solve the problem of your difficult cleaning.
chirchri

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 09:17 pm
@janet11,
many thanks!
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 09:43 pm
@chirchri,
Gee, go to a good art store and inquire. Or if you live in a small town in the boondocks, inquire at online art shops. I used a closeable plastic box with foil on the bottom, which could be tossed out. Various types of paper are ok too, versus foil.
The book I used to use, not often, was The Artist's Illustrated Encyclopedia. It is handily arranged alphabetically, by Phil Metzger, 2001, and quite useful, especially as a doorstop..
Kidding, it is well organized, glad I have it.
I'd painted for 30 years before I got that book, but it's a comfort to have on the shelf in case I might need it.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 11:24 pm
@chirchri,
This is a person who could could be surprised by Bacon's studio.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is the best palette for oil paints?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:06:09