Today is Veteran's Day in the U.S.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:52 pm
Seed, a coupla fellas I know in the Georgia National Guard just got the news they're going to Iraq, probably in January.

I don't like to hear about anyone I know going.

I don't like having particularly meaningful Remembrance Days. Days when I realize there will be more people to remember, instead of know, next year.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:54 pm
i know how that goes ms' beth... i got way to many friends over there right now... and now i have friends i have to remember instead of see again. it saddens me to no point
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:59 pm
Great song, ehBeth. Never heard it before.

Seed, honey. During natural disasters, some unprincipled folks decide that looting is a given. The National Guard is faced with an enemy somewhat akin to the Civil War.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize that The National Guard could be called to Iraq. Lord have mercy.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:05 pm
Seed, are you the only boy in your family? If so, check this out:

http://www.groutmuseumdistrict.org/sullivans/sullivans_project.html

If you are the last of your family name, you can't be made to serve in a war. But who knows how that has changed since WWII.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:08 pm
only boy that my father claims... he has other sons from another marriage who carry his name... i was almost sent to Iraq. instead i went to maryland and my friends went to iraq... one wont make it back
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:15 pm
Crying or Very sad Had my brother not volunteered before Pearl Harbor, he would never have had to go to war.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 10:17 am
Seed--

"Interesting times" are hard to live in. The Chinese really know how to word a meaningful curse.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 05:20:43