I'm 14 F, 5"5, 176 pounds. Am I fat? Please be honest
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 615 • Replies: 10
No top replies

centrox

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 04:03 pm
Labels don't help anyone. Look at BMI tables. You should speak to your school nurse or doctor. You probably would benefit from losing some weight.

0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 07:40 pm
@Tofuchild,
Talk to your doctor (ask your parents/guardian to set an appointment so you can talk to your doctor about your weight). Your doctor should be able to give you direction on a healthy target weight and how best to get there.

I'll add, it is not at all uncommon for weight to fluctuate during the teen years.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 08:50 pm
Seriously guys?

Yes. You are fat. I am fat too and I really wish that when I was 14 someone would have sat me down and explained to me what a diet was.

Wanna lose weight? Stop drinking anything except water. Eating lunch? drink water. Dinner? Water. Hungry? Have some water. No more diet or sugary drinks. Also, get some exercise.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 09:01 pm
I take our poster as in what is called over weight. I've been there.
This happens. Don't beat yourself up, but learn from this.
0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 09:24 pm
You should talk to your doctor. If you have to ask if you're fat, then people, specifically your family, probably aren't commenting on your weight. This may suggest they too are overweight which poses a problem for you if you want to lose weight. But commitment shouldn't be discounted. It goes a long way regardless of circumstances.

You should also keep in mind that not all bodies function the same way. Some people are naturally heavier set than others. Some people cannot gain weight whereas others gain it very easily for reasons that sometimes are beyond their control. What matters most is your physical and mental comfort in your weight. The numbers are guidelines, not requirements.

Also, the guy who's fat gave you terrible advice. If you are hungry, you should not drink water. Eat food. Ideally healthy food, but food. Drinking water will not make you less hungry, but it will make you resent water.

McGentrix

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 09:42 pm
@perennialloner,
perennialloner wrote:

Also, the guy who's fat gave you terrible advice. If you are hungry, you should not drink water. Eat food. Ideally healthy food, but food. Drinking water will not make you less hungry, but it will make you resent water.

The fat guy was referring to snacking between meals, not replacing meals.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 11:04 pm
@Tofuchild,
The normal weight for a 14 year old female who is 5 ft 5 inches is between 126 and 132 lbs. So you are somewhat over that, though not by any enormous amount.

My suggestion, which worked for me, is to cut out ALL added sugar. You can have one glass of fruit juice a day, but no sodas, especially not those with Nutrisweet. No sugar in your tea or coffee either. A really good help is powdered Glycine, which is a necessary amino acid with has a slight sweet taste and which I use to sweeten coffee and tea. The body makes this substance anyway, but we also take it in. Way back when, when people all eat the whole animal they hunted, people got plenty of Glycine because it is located in the animal's bones, and back then those bones went into a broth. We don't do that anymore, and people now miss the beneficial effects of Glycine.

Also, if you lose weight merely by restricting your calories, you will also lose muscle as you lose weight. With glycine, ALL the weight you lose will be fat, your muscles will remain as strong and toned as ever. Of course, a diet and exercise is also necessary. It is a good idea to start now, it is easier to lose weight when you are young and active than it is when you get older. Don't postpone.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 03:08 pm
@Tofuchild,
You're not at a healthy weight.
0 Replies

BrandonCodi

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 07:20 am
Start a basic workout routine, I agree with the person who said drink water for all meals. Watch sugar intake, I write down all my food and break or down like this
FOOD CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN PRICE
TURKY 100 0 8 25 1$
MILK 220 24 (S) 5 18 IDK

The s is for carbs that come from sugar, also doctors are fat alot of the time don't talk to them, go to a gym find a trainer that you would like to trade body's with and talk to him.
0 Replies

MegaMoh

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 11:48 am
@Tofuchild,
... yes
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Am i fat?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:14:33