GrowIng taller

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 06:18 pm
Hello I am a 14 year old male who is trying to grow taller, my father is 5'11" and my mother said she was 5'7"-5'8" before she got injured. I'm currently about 5'8" tall and swim often, stretch play basketball every day. I eat nutritious food, I drink low sugar drinks and usually have 1 can of Coca Cola life per day. Any suggestions on growing taller, thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 250 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 07:49 pm
@Steropes ,
You are only going to grow as tall as your DNA is programmed. (Don't they teach this stuff in biology?)

When your mom and dad had sex your dad's sperm found itself an egg. The DNA from your dad's sperm and your mom's egg mingled together, and the cells started dividing. As the division progressed cells were triggered to start doing different things...a heart here, a leg there, a foot here, an ear there... you get the idea. Those cells are working off the basic DNA map that was created back at the beginning, you remember the sperm and the egg? Your legs, arms, ears, your heart...all of that is pretty well set in stone at the moment of conception barring any environmental interference or unfortunate mutations in the DNA.

So, you are going to be however tall your going to be and your going to have to be okay with that.
Steropes

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 07:53 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
genetics is not 100% of your height, there are cases where a child is way taller than their parents, I have a friend who his parents are 5'10" and 5'5" and he is 6'2" already, my dad was 5 inches taller than his dad. I'm sure there are many things I could do.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 08:24 pm
@Steropes ,
There is nothing you can do to make yourself taller than you are genetically predisposed to be. Now there are a lot of things you can do to effect whether or not you reach your height potential​.

I also did NOT say anything specific about a "height gene". How tall your mom and dad is is not a concrete marker for height potential. But the sum total of ALL of the genes together do sort of lock all those things in (or at least the potential).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » GrowIng taller
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 01:43:14