Do I Stay Or Do I Leave??

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 11:22 am
I have been with my high school sweetheart for over 20 years. We got married in 1998 after we had our second child. To make a loooonngggg story short. I had requests and needs from him that just were not met by him. Specifically, no attention. No need to make me feel special, no kissing, sweet texts, no intimacy AT ALL just sex, no compliments. In short, he became too complacent with me. He made me feel like all i was good for was helping him pay bills! He hated the thought of me having money he couldn't control. He didn't feel (i assume) that i was worthy of his appreciation. All i wanted and begged for from him was closeness, to be his best friend and he just would not give me that. It was free!!! Just costed some effort and i assume that was too much to ask. Anytime we argued it always went back to money! Yes, we do have 2 grown dependent children that we have to carry financially because they are too lazy to get jobs and support themselves in which causes stress on us and arguments between my husband and I but if we put them out of the house i can promise you NOONE would take them in. My son is in and out of trouble and has a destructive temper. My daughter is simply lazy and has no goals. Hes 19 and she is 25. They both have a child each. It is alot to deal with in the marriage. The house we live in is falling apart and my husband makes only about 11.00 an hour. I do pretty good and i help as much as i can without going broke with bills but all my husband cares about it MONEY!!! I'm just tired of arguing about it and not getting anything I ask for in return. I am ready to divorce! Why stay with a man if i cant even get the little things that mean so much to me . All he wants is somebody to help him pay bills PERIOD. I should mean more to him than that. It hurts so bad to feel used by the man that is supposed to love me. I'm tired of grown kids NOT contributing to anything and a husband that feels more like a roommate than a spouse. Please give me some advise on this. Am i wrong for wanting a divorce over this? I love him but because he has made me feel like a roommate instead of a wife. I just feel i deserve better. I have fought long and hard but we end up right back at the same place we are now. Im tired of being disappointed and like i am only good enough to help pay bills. I know i will feel guilty if i leave but what else am i suppose to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 385 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 11:26 am
@MSDAWN38,
I strongly suggest family counseling. Yes, bring your kids if they will go. Because they need a kick in the rear from someone other than you. You've enabled them for far too long and it's high time they at least contributed to the household.

As for a divorce, if you want to get one, I caution you that divorce nearly always is a way to lose serious money and possibly a nonstop ticket from middle class to poverty.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 05:23 pm
@MSDAWN38,
Trust me, booting your kids out onto their own will help everybody. It's time they grow up and be adults or they will still be mooching off you when you are on your death bed.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 06:14 pm
How does HE feel about you two soending your marriage supporting these delayed adolescents?

Give daughter 1 month to find other place to live.

Son either gets job or is in school.

You and husband go to counseling.
0 Replies