Two fat narcissists with ridiculous hair walk into nuclear capability...

Lash

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:18 pm
What's the worst thing that can happen?

The Carl Vinson and company is steaming toward that peckerhead in North Korea.

Why? Is the trip over there a "proportional response"? Is this destined to escalate? Can KJU hit us, or would the environmental impact be almost as devastating as a hit?

What do you think will happen?

More importantly, do you think you might have reasonable knowledge about KJU's nuclear capabilities?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 379 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Lash

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:20 pm
Assad and KJU planning a sleepover. We're not invited.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/worldviews/wp/2017/04/11/facing-pressure-from-trump-kim-jong-un-and-bashar-al-assad-reaffirm-their-nations-friendship/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:08 pm
Trump is gambling he can throw around enough weight to get China to act on N Korea, I think. He may be stupid enough to take direct action, but it's hard to believe he is ready for that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:17 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
What's the worst thing that can happen?

Seoul has about 25 million people. Most live in 50 story apartment buildings. North Korea has between 10,000 and 20,000 artillery pieces aimed at Seoul.

I'm unsure how many artillery strikes before an apartment building collapses, but picture several thousand World Trade Center collapses all at once, each one with thousands of people trapped in the rubble.

Lash wrote:
More importantly, do you think you might have reasonable knowledge about KJU's nuclear capabilities?

North Korea can fire atomic warheads at Tokyo and Guam.

They cannot reach Hawaii/Alaska or mainland US.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 06:31 am
Does anyone know the current US defcon level?

And, does anyone recall the first contemporary verbal or military threat between the US and North Korea? Does it simply reach back to the war, or was there a different seminal event that I'm forgetting?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 06:58 am
@Lash,
I don't recall a time after the war when Korea was not constantly in the news with threats and little aggressive acts. We were always portrayed as the reasonable ones, nacherly.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 04:14 pm
These two ratcheted up the wrangling.

If memory serves, we have rather pricey weapons to shoot other incoming weapons from the sky before reaching their destinations, but that premature detonation is going to mess up *somebody's* garden party.

Pacific fish are already ruined by Fukushima. What about Japan, China, Russia, Guam, & Hawaii? Wouldn't a 'shot down' nuclear warhead be almost as bad as a direct hit for them?

I'm also pretty sure that anti-nuke technology has never been tested in any meaningful sense. *sigh*

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 06:13 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Does anyone know the current US defcon level?

Sorry I meant to answer this when you asked it, but apparently it slipped through the cracks.

The government considers that classified information. In the unlikely event that anyone here is in a position to know the answer, they would lose their jobs and go to prison for answering your question.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2017 06:15 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
If memory serves, we have rather pricey weapons to shoot other incoming weapons from the sky before reaching their destinations, but that premature detonation is going to mess up *somebody's* garden party.

It shouldn't be that bad.

Lash wrote:
Wouldn't a 'shot down' nuclear warhead be almost as bad as a direct hit for them?

I suppose if the wreckage landed on them they'd need to clean up the toxic materials. But that wouldn't be nearly as bad as a nuclear explosion.

Lash wrote:
I'm also pretty sure that anti-nuke technology has never been tested in any meaningful sense. *sigh*

We test our systems pretty well.

It would be wrong to assume 100% effectiveness however.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Two fat narcissists with ridiculous hair walk into nuclear capability...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:15:33