Quirky and eccentric TV

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:01 am
One episode away from finishing season one of The Good Place.

What gently twisted, kind hearted TV series has won over your heart (the antiOFFICE, antiSeinfeld, antiFriends comedies of the TV world)?

Bryan Fuller had two really short lived cult classic tv series[Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me], that touched upon death but still was light, heartwarming, and far from being mean spirited. These character driven comedies (that don't necessarily fall under the sitcom label) tend to be ignored by the general public. Which is why I'm glad The Good Place is in a strong position to at least last past two seasons (I hope).

Earl is another series that's in this little developed sitcomish 30 minute episode frame of creative television.

Netflix's critically acclaimed and audience adored Master of None also fits this standard of feelgood watching.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,064 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:37 am
@tsarstepan,
Somehow I got attached to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt over on Netflix. Its at times way out odd; and, with the likes of usually quirky Carol Kane (whom I adore), I will stay attached...unless they start going to repetitiveness.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:08 pm
@Sturgis,
I absolutely adore Kimmy Schmidt. She's such a lovable character.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
Season 3, coming up next month.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 12:56 pm
@Sturgis,
Season 3 is coming soon enough.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 06:56 am
@tsarstepan,
Season 3 of the incredible, funny, and moving Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt is out already.

I know there are lots of tv to watch, and perhaps too much that it's overwhelming ... but I'm surprised and disappointed that barely anybody is talking about it here at a2k.

Maybe it's too feelgood? Too quirky? Not enough (okay... not anything at all) Seinfeldian shysterism or **** eating Real House Wivery essence that people complain about here but consume and only consume as their tv diet?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Quirky and eccentric TV
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:57:26