how to eliminate voice on smartphone keyboard?

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:10 am
Something has appeared on my smartphone that is driving me crazy. Whenever I use the keyboard a voice speaks with every action. Type the letter T and it says t. Using the voice-activated keyboard I can speak a sentence and the voice repeats the whole sentence. Any action whatsoever is spoken . Can anybody tell me how to eliminate this annoyance?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 242 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:56 am
@coluber2001,
On my phone, I go to Settings, then Sound and Vibrations where, I can shut off all keyboard sounds.

The above is referenced to a Samsung Galaxy, yours may be different, depending on brand and model.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 11:05 am
@Sturgis,
I've tried everything on settings, but nothing seems to work. It may be connected to some apps that I downloaded, it's something that would be handy for a blind person.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 11:26 am
@coluber2001,
If app related, you may be able to identify the source by finding which apps are currently (as in always) running and shutting them off one at a time. If it is living there, then you need to decide on keeping or deleting.

coluber2001

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 12:51 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks Sturgis, it was connected with one of those cleaner apps that you download. Eliminated the app and the problem is solved.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how to eliminate voice on smartphone keyboard?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:52:14