What does he want from me?

Sky1

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 03:50 pm
I(31) met a guy (32) a month ago on a dating website. We went out 7 times. I really like him, but I don't trust him at all. Here are the reasons why:
1. On our first date he offered me to be his friend, because he doesn't look for relationship or sex. I agreed.
2. On our second meeting and every flowing one, he tried to hug me tight, kiss my cheek, neck or lips, smell my hair, touch my shoulders and hands in an intimate way. I pointed out that we are just friends and didn't let him to do any of those
3. When we met for the third time, he said he feels comfort and peace being in my company; he feels like we are family. Then he added, but don't take it personally
4. He said:"I am afraid you could develop feeling for me. And that wouldn't be good", when I asked him to keep distance while we were in a car.
5. He said :"on one hand I like you, but on the other hand... I don't know what's in your heart and what kind of person are you"
6. He said he may not be around me in 2 month.
7. He keeps asking me to introduce him to my parents. He asks could I see him as my future husband, what do I feel When we are together, do I miss him or think about him.
8. He cooked a dinner for me, played an instrument, then aske me to dance. I felt very uncomfortable, because it looked like a date, but he said he was just being friendly.

I feel pressured by him a lot He is just a friend, but expects from me a boyfriend treatment. I don't get intimate with my friends and I think he is just playing with me. Am I right? If I am, then why does he do it? Does he want me to fall in love with him?
Please help me to understand what does he really want from me!

P.S. Please, forgive me my grammatical mistakes, as English is not my native language
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 431 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 05:04 pm
@Sky1,
Yeah it sounds like he is attempting to use reverse psychology on you. Its almost comical in a way.

"I know you really like me but that can ruin our friendship, now let's have a long hug while I pet your head and smell your hair."

Hes toying with you to invest himself without really investing anything. Its a type of manipulation. If you are not ethically opposed to my next suggestion I bet you can prove it.

You playfully attempt to play the same game with him. I know it might sound mean but it's to prove a point to him and you.

When he starts pulling his crap you play along with something like.

"I know we are just friends but what would think if I said we should have sex?"

If he goes straight into supporting the idea he will clearly show his intention that he was really after sex the whole time.

However;

If he says no he's just wants to be friends then you know he's just being an awkward friend.

Its a little mean I'll admit but it hits home calling his bluff to get him to admit his true intentions.

You can say it was just a joke and apologise if it was insensitive.

My money is on him leaping to a joyful, "okay."
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What does he want from me?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:16:26