The "Thank You" Thread; Companion piece to Msolga's Apology.

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 09:06 am
The first "thank you" that comes to mind goes to ehBeth and Hamburger for helping me understand the wayward ways of insurance people. I finally heard from my windstorm folks, and now all I must do is get a roofer.

The next appreciation goes to all the A2K'ers who have responded to my poetry and been so positive with their responses.

To col man of the human interest, a "thank you" for attempting to put my paintings, Hand Colored Gravure, in the gallery. Although the paintings are not there as of yet, I'm certain they will be soon.

These "thank you's" are not in order of importance, my friends, but so often we fail to recognize a helping hand.

Who would YOU like to thank?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 776 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:39 am
It's There! Big hugs to col man for putting my paintings in the gallery. Please tell me what you think. I have always been soooooo curious about these two paintings............Hand Colored Gravure....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:45 am
I'd like to give a huge thanks and several hugs to sozobe for helping me with hearing loss and hearing aid questions. You have no idea how much help you've been at a time when I really need it. Thank you so much.

{{{smooch}}}
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:45 am
willow for getting me to look at A2K while we were in a bridge tourament

Cav, Farmerman and O'Bill for easing my transition on A2K. Foxy, dlowan and nimh for showing me how to debate with grace.(still learning).

Slappy and Gus for the slapstick humour and Dys for the ironic humour.

Kicky for playing the straight man for all my humour.

Set for incredible erudition.

Edgar got me started on the first thread I posted:Songs that tell a story. And we used to laugh that it was his turn to list all the song mentioned.

Wizard and Jespah on the sequels thread

Jespah on any thread

I love using this post as a blackboard

End of part I

...to be continued

*many more edits to follow
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:53 am
Delightful, Eva--Panz--Please don't forget to tell me what your take is on those paintings in the gallery, ok? One does not have to be an artist or photographer to look.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 11:18 am
Wull, I likee to thank colorbook, gelisgesti, letty, drom, BBB, Cav and the other folks I am too slow witted to name from the Spontaneous Poems thread. I have seen some of these folk blossom on there. Cav is really good. Some, like Letty and Drom were polished before ever making an appearance.
I want to thank those on the music threads, swimpy , panzade, djjd - I'm getting interrupted. Will finish this later on -
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 11:24 am
You're Velcome, edgar....and, of course, Cav. How did I miss that man?

And BoGoWo for his "rye" responses...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 11:25 am
Oh, my. And The Wizard of Light for all his know how about films and Hollywood.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:06 pm
Golly Embarrassed Thank you falletinme be mice elf agin.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:15 pm
Jes, I would have thanked the moderators, but I didn't want to appear to be "sucking up". Razz
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:25 pm
Okay, then I will.

Thank you to the Moderating, Developing and Administrative teams, a great bunch o' folks to work with and who do a fantastic job on the site.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:38 pm
Goes without saying, Jes.

Remember this:

Ah, delightful Boston,
The land of the beans and the cod.
where Jes speaks only to Craven,
And Craven speaks only to God.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 01:33 pm
jespah wrote:
Thank you to the Moderating, Developing and Administrative teams, a great bunch o' folks to work with and who do a fantastic job on the site.

Call me a suck-up if you like, but I'd like to thank all of them, too. They do a great job!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 02:54 pm
Quote:
Ah, delightful Boston,

Letty has a witty/wicked way with words.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 05:03 pm
Letty wrote:
Goes without saying, Jes.

Remember this:

Ah, delightful Boston,

Actually, I talk to other folks, too. :-D
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:56 pm
Ive realized I can never finish the task I set myself without naming about fifty more members. Sorry; I give up.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 11:08 am
Jes, Very Happy. Eva, that remark had to do with dlowan's "patent machine thread". It was a humorous thing, and I invented a machine which would, Suck up to the moderators.

edgar, I hear ya. Still, as they come to mind, I would like to thank Raggedy and Roberta for the crossword help, and colorbook and entourage for my birthday thread.

Misti and Rae for being such wonderful hostesses

etc. etc.etc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 02:27 pm
So many people, so many memories, so many smiles.

I ponder and ponder and decide. Too many people to tell how much they are valued, but ... very special thanks to Letty and Nimh, who are sort of an internet couple in my head - because I am sure I will smile every day that I see/read them. They're both very special, very different, very talented writers.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 02:41 pm
Oh, yes. My Old Flame. Thanks, TO, from nimh and from me.

I remember when you, the seal, and I got trapped in an Abuzz loop, too.

I adore all my Toronto friends, even the transplanted ones, and a big thanks to all of Canada.

Sweet Montana who is so open and honest. Can't forget her. Pieman is in there somewhere, too.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:53 am
and this time, no "suck up"

A sincere and heart felt thanks to the moderators and Craven for working so diligently to keep the site functioning and on line.

Big hugs

From Letty with love
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The "Thank You" Thread; Companion piece to Msolga's Apology.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 09:25:08