Eyes for all women

Sixgem

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:14 pm
I have mixed feelings about why my boyfriend has to stare..not just glance at every girl no matter where we are or go. It makes me feel stupid, embarrassed and shows a definite lack of respect. Even if I was a dog that's still very rude. I try not to look at other men but when I do its a quick glance...I'm not trying to catch their eye..He knows it bothers me but continues to do it. I know if he felt uncomfortable with something I did I would work at changing it..Ok am I stupid or should I let him keep shopping for women because that's what it feels like when he's out with me and he's staring at them. Maybe I can't go out in public anymore with him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 334 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 07:55 pm
@Sixgem,
This concept is very common. There are thousands of books on the topic. But let me approach this from another angle for a second.

If him looking is a natural thing where he doesn't consciously mean to do it, then you nagging and criticising him essentially is saying he's wrong for being himself. Weather you accept this premise or not there is truth to it.

So rather than kick you when you already feel down about this, why not look at it in another way?

Look at it like this. He is not locked into a relationship with you, he is free to leave any time but doesn't, why?

He has the option to leave yet decides to be with you. He looks but goes home to you. This should be a compliment yet you would rather argue with him about his natural biology suggesting he is broken and needs fixing.

Let him look and know that he still chooses to be with you.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 08:20 pm
@Sixgem,
The staring would bother a bunch of us, staring pretty rude in the first place, whether or not I was there.

That has never happened to me.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 08:54 pm
@Sixgem,
Your points are valid. A quick glance is one thing. A quick glance may not be a big deal. On the other hand, staring can be seen as insensitive and inconsiderate.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Eyes for all women
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:18:04