Can anyone tell me something about Googlebot?

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:27 pm
Hlo Friends,
Can anyone tell me something about Googlebot?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 424 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:54 pm
@vondadejesus,
Googlebot is software which Google uses to collect information and then make an index of stuff which can be easily accessed through the Google search engine.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:35 am

Google bots used to be good at tracking down people who made offensive tag attacks on a2k. This is of course obsolete now that people can only tag their own threads.

You could do a Google search for the offensive tag and confine the search to "able2know.org/user/.....". At first when you searched, nothing would come up. But if you kept searching a few times a day, after a few days it would start bringing up the "my posts" page of people who had posted in the thread with the offensive tag. Then after a couple weeks of searching a few times a day, right at the top of the search list would be the "my tags" page of whoever had made the offensive tag.

Of course, looking at the "my tags" pages of a list of usual suspects was a lot quicker if your attackers were people you already suspected. But harnessing Google bots had the advantage of finding attackers who you didn't suspect or maybe had never even heard of.
djjd62

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:45 am
@oralloy,
you have way too much time on your hands
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 10:04 am
@djjd62,
It didn't take much time to do a quick Google search a few times a day.

All the real work was done by the Google bots.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can anyone tell me something about Googlebot?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 03:44:43