@pipokolo2,
pipokolo2 wrote:

Is religion important ?

No. And that concludes the debate.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:56 pm
@pipokolo2,
Pip if you're interested I'd be glad to describe apodictical existential pantheism as you get the choice of calling it a religion or not, while it doesn't require a supernatural approach so you can call it God or not, be equally truthful and accurate

I see you saved 5 times, it's an easy mistake. But if you're quick you can delete the first four
0 Replies

Gridfamiliar

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:01 am
@pipokolo2,
Whatever your religion is, it doesn't matter as long as you you know that we all have one Creator. Your religion cannot save you, your faith does.
djjd62

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:03 am
@Gridfamiliar,
i had two creators, my mother and father
Krumple

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:14 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i had two creators, my mother and father

Typical, how come the sun, moon and the Earth get no credit? They have done the most for your existence and they are physically showing you daily.

I have no idea if there is a creator, doesn't seem like it but I would still give the sun more credit. I can see it's accomplishments.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:19 am
@pipokolo2,
For many people yes.
For many no
Many do not know if it is important for them or not.
There are about 10.000 different religions in the world, which sounds as if
many do seek spirituality, which does not always mean religion.
I think most people like to have something which "they can look up to".
It can be religion, a good cause, it can be politics.
Especially politics seems to create just as much discussions as religion.
Many political parties have been afraid of religion as a rival to their party.
Just like religious nuts are getting all upset about politics.
A Sweeping statement that religion is of no importance what so ever is for me something like a sweeping statement that stories, psychology, litterature, history, art or music is of no importance whatsover.
What is good for one person might not be the right thing for someone else.
I do not mean agnostics nor atheists - if they have come to this conclusion.
But people who just say it ....no
Krumple

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:28 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

For many people yes.
For many no
Many do not know if it is important for them or not.
There are about 10.000 different religions in the world, which sounds as if
many do seek spirituality, which does not always mean religion.
I think most people like to have something which "they can look up to".
It can be religion, a good cause, it can be politics.
Especially politics seems to create just as much discussions as religion.
Many political parties have been afraid of religion as a rival to their party.
Just like religious nuts are getting all upset about politics.
A Sweeping statement that religion is of no importance what so ever is for me something like a sweeping statement that stories, psychology, litterature, history, art or music is of no importance whatsover.
What is good for one person might not be the right thing for someone else.
I do not mean agnostics nor atheists - if they have come to this conclusion.
But people who just say it ....no

It can cause just as much harm. There was a recent story of a pastor who crushed a girl with a speaker box after insisting if she showed her faith she wouldn't be injured. She died as a result.

There are hundreds of stories of religious people refusing medical treatments for their kids who could have been treated but died as a result of not getting it because it conflicts with what their church leaders suggest.

So for all the bad and evil church leaders forkout I to society it cancels any possible good. So NO is absolutely valid.
saab

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:09 am
@saab,
Made a mistake - there are about 30 000 religons and of them 1 is Christianity and there are about 10 000 different denominations.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:14 am
@Krumple,
There are also stories about bad polititicans, We have had Stalin, we have had Idi Amin, we have had Hitler, we have had Mussolini, Pinochet - the list is long and so is the history of all the evil they have done.
Does that mean all politicians are bad? No, the majority are good and decent politicians and we do not have to get rid of politics.
It is just like with normal people - the majority are nice and decent people.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:38 am
Quote:
There are hundreds of stories of religious people refusing medical treatments for their kids who could have been treated but died as a result of not getting it because it conflicts with what their church leaders suggest.

The people you refer to, who refuse medical treatments are Jehova´s Witnesses.
They also refuse medical treatments for anyone including grown ups.
Jehova´s Witnesses is a religious sect, consideed as a non Christian, as they do not Jesus was born. Still waiting for him
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:00 am
Heinrich Zimmer said, "The most important thing [religious experience ] cannot be talked about. The second most important thing refers to the first and is always misunderstood [because it's in metaphor]." This misunderstanding is the basis of all organized religion, which is outdated because it failed to keep current with science. But just because organized religion has become hopelessly anachronistic doesn't mean that religion is unnecessary. It simply means that we're left on our own to find our relationship to the universe and time and form our own myths. It's not that we've abandoned the church ; it's that the church has abandoned us.

In America we have freedom of religion but unfortunately the term religion itself has been commandeered and defined by the fundamentalist and the atheist and is defined as being the supernatural. Insisting on a Supernatural is the basic flaw of monotheism, and with Darwin's
"Origin of Species", a supernatural was rendered unnecessary.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Religion
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 04:27:22