The Cashless Society

ekename

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:14 pm
No, I haven't run out of the stuff just yet, I was just wondering about what to give up during Lent.

Last year's plan to forgo self-denial met with mixed success, me being a contrarian astrologically.

It all started when I began to worry about the budget and then brother, it hit me like a wall: what if I just used the card?

Do you think we could save a lot of money if we didn't have any?

A cash-free economy.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 553 • Replies: 10
No top replies

visceral

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:27 pm
@ekename,
It still catches up with you in the end.... Rolling Eyes
roger

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:52 pm
@visceral,
That's why most people have several cards.
ekename

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:32 am
@roger,
All right, I admit it, this is just my way of getting a bigger share of today's pi.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the Sunday after the first full moon subsequent to the equinox.

Does eliminating cash transactions create a virtual wall?
roger

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:34 am
@ekename,
I'm still hanging onto my twenties. Someday, they'll be worth something for the paper content.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 01:14 am
@roger,
I use a credit/debit card to buy groceries, use a EXXON card or filling up the tanks. I Also use credit/debt card at the pharmacy for scrips and other items they carry. I also like to carry cash if I need to buy other small things and are under $4 dollars, I never use the cards to pay for. Donuts, coffee. When we dine out, we always pay cash. That's mainly because it's easier for me to pay right then, and when I get my credit card bill I won't faint in shock.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:32 am
@ekename,
I give up chocolate, makes the Easter eggs taste so much better.
0 Replies

inkhumming

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 04:15 am
@ekename,
Quote:
All right, I admit it, this is just my way of getting a bigger share of today's pi.

Today's pi, on pi day?
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:24 pm
Move to India, where they've banned all denominations of $8 or so, and above.
roger

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:28 pm
@Kolyo,
Interesting comment. We used to have $10,000 and $1000 bills. They were pulled, presumably because they were thought to aid in large drug transactions. Looking ahead, I've begun converting my 50's and 100's into twenties. How's that for trusting the government.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:30 pm
@Kolyo,
Just noticed your sig line. How about:

For every long and difficult road, there comes a turning, and after that turning comes another long and difficult road.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Cashless Society
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:42:29