Gate opener revisited

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:29 pm
To save an old incompetent from a day with Google, can anyone using one assure me there's such a thing as a sensor that lets you open the gate with a couple (three?_) quick honks of the horn

A good friend of ours, Bike Mork, whom we dearly love, has the idea for a post with buttons, where you push a certain code to open or close. But then of course you'd hafta get outa the car once again to close it

Any sort of alternate suggestion welcome. If you know what it's called or better yet can supply a link why many thanks in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 344 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:09 pm
They're called Automatic Gate Openers or Remote Controlled Gate Openers. Most likely available at places such as Lowes and Home Depot.

You don't want something which responds to a car horn as that would have the gate opening and shutting constantly as people drove by, tooting their horn to amuse you.
Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:30 pm
tooting their horn to amuse you
Oh yea thanks Stur but I've taken all that into account, living on a dirt road where I've never heard in 20 years a single honk
0 Replies
Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 03:15 pm
exactly, if i knew somebody had a horn activated gate, i'd drive by honking my horn every chance i could
Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:21 pm
Okay Dj thank you and indeed I suppose you might but it's an unlikely scenario

Us inventors take all that sort of stuff into acct
0 Replies

Related Topics

Death, No Taxies - Discussion by ossobucotemp
  1. Forums
  2. » Gate opener revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/23/2024 at 12:23:53