MY HUSBAND POSTS EVERYTHING BUT ME...AM I BEING UNREASONABLE?

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 11:29 pm
My husband and I have been together for 11 years and have two children. He is active on social media but never posts anything about me. We have had infidelity issues in the past so this always makes me wonder. No happy birthday posts, anniversary nothing. He posts the kids on their birthdays and that's about it. Everything else is of material things. Now he shows me lots of love and affection daily, can't ever been in a room with me w/o butt slaps or hugs and kisses...I don't get birthday posts but he always takes me on trips and buys me really nice gifts. He spoils our kids and is very attentive. Doesn't stay out late or do anything suspicious...no locked phones etc...but I can't help but feel slighted and little hurt by the fact that his most recent sneaker purchase gets more shine than me on his social media. Am I being silly?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 315 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 11:58 pm
@momandwifelife,
If it bothers you, it bothers you. Ask him, but it might just turn out to be a privacy concern.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:07 am
@momandwifelife,
momandwifelife wrote:

My husband and I have been together for 11 years and have two children. He is active on social media but never posts anything about me. We have had infidelity issues in the past so this always makes me wonder. No happy birthday posts, anniversary nothing. He posts the kids on their birthdays and that's about it. Everything else is of material things. Now he shows me lots of love and affection daily, can't ever been in a room with me w/o butt slaps or hugs and kisses...I don't get birthday posts but he always takes me on trips and buys me really nice gifts. He spoils our kids and is very attentive. Doesn't stay out late or do anything suspicious...no locked phones etc...but I can't help but feel slighted and little hurt by the fact that his most recent sneaker purchase gets more shine than me on his social media. Am I being silly?

Two explanations come to mind, but sure there are more.

1. He wants to keep you all to himself. He will show off his shoes but he isn't worried they might get stolen from him.

2. Maybe he thinks it's a given. If he shows you lots of physical attention he might think internet attention isn't needed.

If you ask me, there are a billion other things to worry about than not getting a Facebook message from him saying happy birthday.

Talk about having the cake and complaining it doesn't have enough frosting.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » MY HUSBAND POSTS EVERYTHING BUT ME...AM I BEING UNREASONABLE?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:35:04