using the word deeply

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 02:22 pm
Hi

Can someone help please?
Can I say :
The best way to know deeply the culture of the county you are visiting is to learn the language. or what word could I use for deeply
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 247 • Replies: 3
No top replies

centrox

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 02:41 pm
Deeply is fine.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:09 pm
@swallowtail,
the language--or what word could I use for 'deeply.'

But Swal do listen to Cen, he is positively brilliant, helps everyone, is right 99.99872% of the time

Tho he evidently hates some of us....
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 04:27 pm
@swallowtail,
Quuote swallowtail:
Quote:
The best way to know deeply the culture of the county you are visiting is to learn the language.

I would rephrase that. When you say "the best way to know deeply the culture you are visiting" implies a quick process, since most visits are fairly short. It takes a long time to learn a language, so I would change the wording. Also, although deeply is a passable choice of word, it is most used in close personal relationships, like "The woman understood her husband's relief deeply". The less personal word used to convey understanding is "thoroughly".

Therefore, I would suggest:
Quote:
The best way to get to know the culture of the county you are visiting thoroughly is to learn the language.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » using the word deeply
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 06:13:09