Star Trek actor's 'circumcision surprise'.

centrox

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:55 am
The UK Jewish Chronicle has a story that Sir Patrick Stewart (who is not Jewish) mentioned to his wife that he had been circumcised as a baby, and she said "No, you weren't". Next time he visited his (Jewish) doctor he asked if this was true, and was told that he was, indeed, not circumcised. Is this an easy mistake to make?

https://www.thejc.com/news/the-diary/patrick-stewart-s-circumcision-surprise-1.433275

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 615 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 08:03 am
Not for me.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 09:17 am
I must admit that when I first saw the headline I thought he had been given an especially unwelcome Christmas or birthday present, or had an accident in the kitchen maybe.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 10:47 am
@centrox,
That reminds me of the Two Ronnies sketch about a lunatic with a bacon slicer terrorising a nudist camp. Inspector Smith has had a tip off but is expected to make a full recovery later in hospital.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 12:10 pm
@centrox,
I think it's hysterical that his wife knew and he didn't. Just how many examples has she experienced to be so certain?
dalehileman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:12 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
an accident in the kitchen maybe
Nomat' whatcha thinka me, Cen, I gotta give ya credit
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:13 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
to be so certain?
Good'n Krump, you and Cen
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 02:54 pm
I was under the impression that Europeans tend to not get babies circumcized. Americans tend to get circumcized, but not certain cultures. Someone said that today it is done rountinely in an American hospital, unless one specifically requests that it not be done? There is a movement to not circumcize in the U.S. It claims that the baby does feel pain. I did hear/read that a circumcized adult male does not breed certain viruses under the foreskin that could cause problems for women? Anyway, I think there are also some folks that do not want U.S. males to be circumcized to dissuade adult males from converting to Islam (trust me not Judaism).

There was some tv drama decades ago explaining that Soviet men did not get circumcized, and Soviet Jews did not get boys circumcized due to the anti-Semitism in the Soviet Union. Anyway, the Jewish grandmother made some comment that she preferred the circumcized member, to the non-circumcized member, based on aesthetic reasons. Who knew?

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Star Trek actor's 'circumcision surprise'.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:36:11