Can anyone give me opinion about essay for TOEFL

ivana89

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 08:07 pm
I personally believe that internet is one of most important invention for human beings at this period of time. Some people may not support me, but if we take a look how internet helpful can be, everyone will think twice before give their final opinion. I feel this way for several reasons and I will explain it broadly in the following essay.
First of all, Internet is something what connect us with the rest of the world. There is a couple of examples. I remember when I was in high school, I was studying in capital city and I was separate from my parents and family, I rarely was talking with them because long talks via cellphones were expensive to afford, but today we are lucky to have Skype and video calls and all that for free. Furthermore, I am living now on a different continent, but I less missing my parents, than I did in high school. On the other hand there is a lot of social media, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and they are more than useful in helping to stay in touch with our friends who are living in different states, also social media are great platform to share our ideas, fears, thoughts with people all over the world. As I already mention social media, I would like to add fact that through online platform, a lot of couples enjoying truly love to have each other.
Secondly, educative channels are something with great approach for adults as well as for kids since childhood. I have nephew who is four years old, my sister choosing for him educative programs and allow him to watch them every day for one hour and, I can tell from what I saw, that this programs are really beneficial. My nephew already know numbers and letters, also he is very enthusiastic to learn even more, I am glad for him and looking forward to see how far his curiosity will go.
Furthermore, online platform helping us to find good restaurants, good doctors, all kind of services what we usually use on daily basis, even I can not imagine myself to drive car without navigation.
In sum up, there is too many reasons how we can benefit from using internet. If you asking me, if I would like to live in past without internet, I would strongly refute, because In my view of point internet is our future and I am looking forward to see what is next coming.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 392 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2017 10:49 pm
@ivana89,
ivana89, That's all very good. I would make one recommendation for you. Buy books for your nephew. Start with comic books if that's what interests him.
We started our sons that way. I always took them to bookstores, and told them they can buy any book they wished. They became avid readers.
I will share the rest by PM.
0 Replies

Tentous994

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:09 am
Exactly! For the kids humorous books will be much more better. And kids will feel interested to read as well.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:22 am
Is this a finished essay for TOEFL or it is just an idea about what you want to write?
It is well wrtitten, but far too one sided. You praise Internet as if it is "heaven on earth".
Life before internet was not that bad, and life with also has it not so nice sides and even sideeffects.
An essay should show more of pro and contra on both sides. Otherwise the way you have written it seems as propaganda or advertice for a certain firm.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:57 am
@ivana89,
There's a lot of basic errors. This sentence for example.

Quote:
Some people may not support me, but if we take a look how internet helpful can be, everyone will think twice before give their final opinion.

Some people may not support me, but if we take a look how helpful the internet can be, everyone should think twice before giving their final opinion.

The italicised bits are where I've changed it.
0 Replies

ivana89

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 01:49 pm
Hey guys, thank you very much for your replies. English is my foreign language and I recently started to study for TOEFL. Writing essays is not my better side and I am still learning, but others opinion are really helpful for me.
Thank you all, one more time!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:22 pm
What TOEFL means for us dummies.
Test of English as a Foreign Language
ivana89

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 03:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, fact is that a lot of people who is English native language taking this exam.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can anyone give me opinion about essay for TOEFL
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 05:43:58