"Please leave a message...

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 03:24 pm
...after the tone"

The automatic dialer, doubtless reflecting it's user's fit of pique, often leaves a busy signal. Another is a constant annoying tone; but the worst by far is some sort of loud static, apparently the most difficult to achieve 'cause it's relatively rare

Anyone know how to do it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 431 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 04:14 pm
Yes.

No.

Maybe.

Don't know.

Should I care?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 05:36 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Yes.
Most certainly

Quote:
No
Why not

Quote:
Maybe
That's what I say, Stur

Quote:
Don't know
Nah me nuther

Quote:
Should I care?
Oh most assuredly
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 11:30 pm
When you say "automatic dialer", do you mean the presets on your phone, normally numbered one to ten, which contain your most frequently called numbers and which you just press the button to dial?

Or do you mean the answering machine on a land phone? Or do you mean the answering ability of your cell phone?

These things are not clear.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 12:30 pm
@Blickers,
Sorry Blick I just don't ha ve the needed vocab. If you don't answerer the phone, you get all that garbage
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 01:10 pm
I think he means that if an automatic dialler (British spelling) that is, one of those cold caller places) calls his landline number, and he doesn't pick up, and it goes to answer machine, he ends up with a bunch of recorded noises which he hears when he plays back the answer machine tape. Is that right, dale?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 01:16 pm
@centrox,
Yea Cen I'm always impressed by your ability in this regard asa well as your helpfulness

Honest

Yea, that oughta be '-ly'
0 Replies

seac

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 11:38 pm
I don't answer my landline phone calls. The message recorder is always on. Looking at the caller IDs, I see mostly charity calls that probably ask for money. They don't leave messages most of the time. I like the one that says "Good Bye" when no one answers.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2017 12:04 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

...after the tone"

The automatic dialer, doubtless reflecting it's user's fit of pique, often leaves a busy signal. Another is a constant annoying tone; but the worst by far is some sort of loud static, apparently the most difficult to achieve 'cause it's relatively rare

Anyone know how to do it

I just saw a YouTube video of a young boy examining a phone booth totally puzzled what it is as his grandmother films him laughing her ass off. Then he says,"Is it an old fashion phone?"
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » "Please leave a message...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 01:29:27