0

CAN YOU CORRECT THIS ESSAY PLEASE

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 09:21 pm
Tell us about your experience learning English. Have you studied English formally? If so, how long have you studied English? Have you traveled or lived in an English speaking country? If so, where and for how long? How often do you use English in your daily life?

Learning English language has been an interesting and challenging adventure for me in each stage of the process; I started studying English since I was five years old taking the English subject every year at school. I also remember with great affection the English classes I took as extracurricular after school to prepare myself for Cambridge ESOL English examinations as PET and FCE, which helped me to reinforce and improve my language proficiency.
After finishing high school, I decided to improve my English skills by taking online classes and going to an English academy for group classes in my hometown. Overall, I practiced conversation, reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar and listening. Moreover, learning to write essays was very important because I could analyze different situations and find appropriate responses for each one. All this activities involved a lot of brainstorming and manage lots of information in English, which helped me a lot to be more analytical for problem solving.
One of the most important English skills I enjoyed learning is conversational classes. In this classes I could made friends and spoke about many topics, the experience of talking about diverse things and a wide range of topics has been very valuable because it inspired me to enhance my communication skills, especially to have more confidence in my speaking abilities.
Since my senior year of high school, in my free time I use to teach private English lessons to children as a way of practicing the language. At first, I taught every Saturday mornings to my nieces, then the children of acquaintances or sons of my parents’ friends. I use the language at different times of my life, reading was always one of my favorite activities since high school, I like to read several books in English because of reading more books I was able to enhance my vocabulary each day. I remember reading from novels of Jane Austen, articles of interest in online portals or current news. In addition to this, I used to practice my English skills by watching movies; this helped me a lot with my pronunciation and speech.