Oh, the treachery of men!

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 06:38 pm
I jumped out of the low-flying airplane and landed in the middle of the pristine Alaskan lake

I swam to shore and surveyed my surroundings. Breathtaking, to say the least. Towering pine trees surrounded the lake on three sides and behind me the mountain climbed upward into a cloudbank. I figured I had better get some clothes. But how? And where?

My thoughts were interrupted by a rhythmical pounding noise. It seemed to be coming from the mountain. I scampered upward and soon found myself standing on the edge of a clearing. In the middle of the clearing two massive caribou were engaged in a death match. They lowered their horns and charged each. I sat down on a fallen tree and watched. It was fascinating to see these magnificent creatures engaged in such an epic battle. Oh, how I longed for a box of popcorn!

And then an unexpected development occured. Their horns locked. The magnificent racks were so deeply intertwined that disengagement would stump the world's greatest puzzle solver. The two bull caribou snorted and pawed the ground, desperately trying to extract themselves from the grip of death, but all was lost. Soon the weakened beasts collapsed to the ground and great puffs of dirt were stirred by their labored exhalings.

I knew this was my chance to save myself. Racing into the clearing I dropped to my knees and covered the nostrils and mouth of one of the fallen beasts. His panicked eyes looked at me in an imploring fashion, almost as if he were saying, "Why me?", but it was necessary for me to kill him, so that I may live. I needed that friggin' fur. Soon his breathing stopped. I gently pulled his eyelids shut and wept silently. Then I turned to the other beast and repeated the process. His eyes looked at me in a quizzical fashion as if he were saying, "Me too?" But I needed the fur and bones from both of them to ensure my survival. Soon, he too was dead.

Picking up a nearby rock I smashed down on one of the antler sections and broke off an eight inch piece which I quickly fashioned into a crude knife. Then, working quickly, I cut open the belly of one of the beasts. The warm intestines spilled outward. Pulling opening the cavity I created a large enough opening for me to crawl inside. I had read this somewhere. This guy that was trapped in the wilderness had slept in the intestines of a bear. After I was snuggled comfortably in the intestines, I pulled the escaping intestines back around me, and only my head now appeared from the opening of the caribou.

But it started to get warm in a hurry. Then it occured to me. That guy that had slept in the grizzly bear was dealing with temperatures of 30 below zero. Here I was, wrapped in intestines, on a clear sunny day with the temperature approaching 70. I struggled to get out and at that point heard a voice. "What the hell is going on here!?"

I looked up and saw two park rangers staring at me. They both appeared to be quite shocked at seeing a capybara farmer's head sticking out of a dead caribou. Behind them a tour bus sat parked and all the occupants stared out the windows, open-mouthed.

I worked myself out of the caribou, stood up, and told the rangers of my Alaskan adventure. They looked at each other and finally the tall one with the glasses spoke. "Listen, old timer. You may think you're in Alaska, but this here is Yellowstone Park and I am placing you under arrest for willful destruction of park property."

The handcuffs were placed on me and they led me away. In a moment of clarity I realized what had happened. I thought back to the cab ride and how I had told the cabdriver of my Alaskan adventure plan and requested a ride to a private plane. Then the nap and being awakened by the cabbie and introduced to the pilot. I should have noticed the conspiratorial wink when the cabbie said to the pilot, "Drop this guy off in the Alaskan wilderness."

Yes, it is all clear now.

Gertrude came by and bailed me out. I'm back at the capybara farm now. Next week the trial begins.

Wish me luck.

Gustav
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,669 • Replies: 38
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:01 pm
If you haven't a lawyer yet, Occam Bill has indicated he will volunteer.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:25 pm
Likely story.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:39 pm
Does this mean we have to return all the stuff we stole from his house while he was gone??
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:40 pm
Do you still have the ammo box or did you give it to me Joe?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:42 pm
if you didnt tell him you stole you wouldnt have to give it back
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:47 pm
It was disconcerting to return and discover that Occom Bill was not only using my avatar, but that he had placed a block of that insidious cheese on my head. But then I recalled an earlier time when I had used Bill's avatar for nefarious purposes and I figured turnaround is fair play.

But for panzade to mock me in such a fashion!

That is unforgiving.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:52 pm
Boy, oh boy, I'm glad I decided not to...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:53 pm
me too
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:00 pm
It's not too late.
Didn't we all agree to be Gustav for Halloween?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:03 pm
i just cant find the right beard
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:07 pm
Gus has the same problem>>>>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:13 pm
Welcome back Gus. By the way, did you know that Caribou intestines carry a new strain of virus that renders you completey impotent within a week? By the time you get to court you should be effectively neutered.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:17 pm
Is that right, Kicky? Better bend over then. My time is fleeting.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:19 pm
seed, i think i found ya a good one

http://perkol.itgo.com/beard.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:22 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Is that right, Kicky? Better bend over then. My time is fleeting.

Okay, but I have to warn you, I just had burritos.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:25 pm
Ebeth, if you can turn that into a avatar i will gladly use it...

kicky, that only turns him on
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:37 pm
I'll get it down to avatar size for ya, seed.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:38 pm
to kind beth to kind
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:39 pm
Quote:
But it started to get warm in a hurry. Then it occured to me. That guy that had slept in the grizzly bear was dealing with temperatures of 30 below zero. Here I was, wrapped in intestines, on a clear sunny day with the temperature approaching 70
I about started crying that made me laugh so much.

Welcome back Master Gus.

http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/library/photos/174/174128.jpg

It's all Kicky's fault! He was telling everyone you were gone for good so we decided to try and flush you out, while others sent search parties to the four corners of the earth.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Oh, the treachery of men!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.23 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 05:22:02