Single Girl dating Guy with 3 Kids

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 09:31 am
How do I make my self feel like I'm less of an outsider and more of the family. We have been together for awhile and we are in love but I still feel like I'm not in his life like I would like to be.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 193 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 10:04 am
@reddmarie20,
reddmarie20 wrote:

How do I make my self feel like I'm less of an outsider and more of the family. We have been together for awhile and we are in love but I still feel like I'm not in his life like I would like to be.

This is very common when dating someone with kids. Usually the kids will always be more important than you. Its just something you have to accept. Its risky for the parent, since the kids can be really affected by the "newer" member of the family. There are potential for attachment or even aversion issues. There have been many threads on this topic. I don't think there is really any way to have more of what you want or need. You will probably always be in this situation until the kids are old enough to not need their father as much.
0 Replies

reddmarie20

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 11:55 am
Thank you for the reply. I think we will be fine and we work well together. I think I just need to have patience and to take things slow. We all get along pretty well and I don't want to leave him by being selfish.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Single Girl dating Guy with 3 Kids
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:31:11