I think i'm falling in love with my best friend. What do I do?

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 12:43 pm
To give a background, I was in a serious relationship with a girl for three years and was dumped on the day I proposed her. It was then I decided, that I will never have emotional feeling for anyone or fall in love again because I don't want to go through the pain of breakup. I have been out of relationships for three years now, although I have a lot of one night stands, without any strings attached and I'm extremely happy with it. Now coming to the point, I moved to a new country after my breakup and made friends with a new girl in my workplace, and we are best friends now. We hang out together all the time, have lunch and dinner together and do everything together. Lately I got a dream that she was kissing some guy and woke up and was feeling wierd. Now whenever she talks with some guy even at work, I get extremely jealous. I think I'm falling for her since I'm hanging out with her a lot. Now I'm having thoughts of asking her out. This is exactly what I'm trying to keep myself away from, emotional attachment with anyone. Despite that I'm having feelings for her. What do I do now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 600 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 12:47 pm
@joash9292,
joash9292 wrote:

To give a background, I was in a serious relationship with a girl for three years and was dumped on the day I proposed her. It was then I decided, that I will never have emotional feeling for anyone or fall in love again because I don't want to go through the pain of breakup. I have been out of relationships for three years now, although I have a lot of one night stands, without any strings attached and I'm extremely happy with it. Now coming to the point, I moved to a new country after my breakup and made friends with a new girl in my workplace, and we are best friends now. We hang out together all the time, have lunch and dinner together and do everything together. Lately I got a dream that she was kissing some guy and woke up and was feeling wierd. Now whenever she talks with some guy even at work, I get extremely jealous. I think I'm falling for her since I'm hanging out with her a lot. Now I'm having thoughts of asking her out. This is exactly what I'm trying to keep myself away from, emotional attachment with anyone. Despite that I'm having feelings for her. What do I do now?

If you don't want to be emotionally involved with her then leave it be and deal with your jealousy. But it sounds like what you want and your heart are a bit in conflict. Its worth the risk of heart ache to have a romantic connection. I say attempt to persue her and deal with any heart ache later. Why abandon love out of fear of loss?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I think i'm falling in love with my best friend. What do I do?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 03:25:27