Strategies for energy sourcing

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 11:33 pm
I'm working right now at my cousin's business. She's a manufacturer of industrial plastic bags and and she's requesting me to handle and manage our data about our energy, resource consumption and costs. I was thinking to suggest if we could outsourced optimization solutions. Do you have any other strategies for energy sourcing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,037 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 04:16 am
@Gridfamiliar,
Gridfamiliar wrote:

I'm working right now at my cousin's business. She's a manufacturer of industrial plastic bags and and she's requesting me to handle and manage our data about our energy, resource consumption and costs. I was thinking to suggest if we could outsourced optimization solutions. Do you have any other strategies for energy sourcing?

I don't believe you because this problem is simple.

However the parameters for "energy, resource consumption and costs" is very vague.

For example dose the company pick up or deliver products? Is the fuel, maintenance and labor relevant? If you don't pick up nor deliver goods then this is not needed.

Does the equipment use any special fuel, power requirements or chemicals?

All of this is easy to calculate with simple math.

How specific you want to be on the data us all that is important. Such as computer power consumption for running the office. What's the electrical usage per month?

What supplies are purchased to produce the product?

How much labor is spent to produce the product?

What is the demand for the product? Does price fluctuate?

Collecting all the relevant data is easy, its knowing specifically what is important to consider. Easy math can then be calculated on a weekly, monthly, yearly scale.

Its not hard. But if you are asking who to contact for outsourcing this data collection why not look up resource management consultants?
0 Replies

Joey Albinson

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:49 am
I guess Google has lots of answers for you. Sorry, I can't help.
0 Replies