My sexuality is negatively affecting my relationships

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 01:17 pm
I'm sexually fluid. It's hard and it's negatively affecting my life. So here's a list of what's happening. Any suggestions on how to help and get rid of these problems.
Friends- Have none, they all think I'll hit on them
Family- Haven't old them
Relationships- Unstable and no one will accept an open relationship
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 435 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 02:12 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
From what I read in another thread and post or yours, you are still relatively young (you mentioned the GSA* at your school). So life isn't near as bleak as it currently may seem.

Fluid sexuality is a rather new concept to many folks, so give them time to learn. Get information out to them. Help them along, don't let them get the better of you.

Just as it has taken far too long for the masses to accept homosexuality and bisexuality, your sexuality will at some point meet greater acceptance. Stand tall and be proud of who you are. Friendships and relationships will likely happen if you show yourself to be comfortable as you are and don't try to force others. Allow them time to get to know you and realize you're a regular human just the same as they are.

Here is an online item which may be of interest to you and others:

www.everydayfeminism.com/2012/10/fluid-sexuality-lgbtq-spectrum/

*GSA, Gay-Straight Alliance, contact the gsa network for more information at: www.gsanetwork.org
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 02:38 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
I can't figure out why this would be such a factor in your relationships - unless you make it the first thing that you think other people should know about you (or are even interested in knowing)

Is this the first "face" you put on when you meet someone?

Step back and just be a person right now. Your sexual activity - whatever that is - will come later in any relationship. Really- not that many people will care unless you put it in their face.
0 Replies

KittyMeowMeow

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 05:04 pm
@Sturgis,
The GSA now stands for Genders and Sexualities Alliance
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:21 pm
@Sturgis,
Nods. It's new to me too. I have no idea but will listen.
0 Replies

KeneErdogan

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 08:52 pm
I didn't heard about this matter before. So, I am interested to know more about this. Thanks!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My sexuality is negatively affecting my relationships
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:45:34