Extremity goes to sleep

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 02:04 pm
Wonder if you also have had the problem. In my own case in bed whenever my right hand is above the heart (as when lying on left side) the right hand goes to sleep, suggesting something amiss in circulation

I get relief from a 5-htp, which is otherwise known for mood props; and maybe from Advil; but I'm open to any sort of discussion

Again thanks to all
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 411 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 02:39 pm
@dalehileman,
Don't sleep on your left side or with your hand above your heart.

...and talk to your doctor about this, it may be something serious.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 03:07 pm
A. Go see your doctor.
B. Listen to Sturgis
C. I remember as a kid getting a sleepy arm once in a while, then called 'needles and pins' and it was because I somehow misaligned my body so that it was heavy over the arm.
D. Decades later, I read in bed with batches of pillows and sometimes the left or right arm will be up there getting a pillow to stay up, after which I fall asleep. I'll notice it, just hurting a little, not needles and pins, and adjust matters.
E. This could be serious, don't be cheap, go see your m.d.
F. I presume you have one, don't you? I know you are into alternative stuff, but I hope not entirely.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 03:30 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks, Urg, in stitches (only figuratively) once more; you guys keep me in the best of humor

Quote:
your doctor
Oh I did, had x-rays etc w/no luck, but apparently it's so mysterious that she's given up on me

Quote:
Don't sleep on your left side
Often when I awaken in this position with tingly fingers I roll over as my leftie isn't so vulnerable
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 03:44 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
A. Go see your doctor. F. I presume you have one, don't you? B. Listen to Sturgis
Bin'r,'dunat as see Stur above

Quote:
C. ... as a kid getting a sleepy arm... 'needles and pins' and it was ... misaligned my body ... heavy over the arm.
Very interesting Osso (see, 'mem'd) and one would suppose it might be a more common occurrence that I suppose; though my doc hasn't yet made this connection; possibly 'cuz so old (me not her)

Quote:
D. ... I read in bed with batches of pillows and sometimes the left or right arm will be up there ... I'll notice it, just hurting a little... and adjust matters.
Again most interesting; while I have many such similar methods

Quote:
E. This could be serious, don't be cheap, go see your m.d.
Have to admit, am chskt of worst kind, can only conclude the annoyance to be so common as not to require attn

Quote:
...but I hope not entirely.
Anybody else with alternative, pref from personal exp
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:06 pm
@dalehileman,
You may be right, hard to tell from here.

By the way I'm not against all of alternative medicine.
I'm aware of regular medicine's history, my reading about intensely from around age 13.

I am a science person, but of course science craves testing.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 04:49 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I'm not against all of alternative medicine
Oh me neither. In fact I suspect many of such work just as well as the corresponding 'scrip's

...while, cynnic that I am, costing 1/25 as much

Quote:
I am a science person
Alas though, such credential doesn't guarantee a perfectly honest approach

Quote:
my reading about intensely from around age 13
I too used to read when I was a kid
Blickers

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 05:20 pm
@dalehileman,
I take 5-htp. It increased serotonin which makes you feel better and more relaxed. I have no idea why it would help a problem you think is circulatory.

PS: If you are taking 5-htp, are you also taking B6? If so, switch from the "normal" B6 to a form of B6 called "P-5-P". the "normal", (cheap) supplement is called pyroxidine. It is converted in the liver to P-5-P, which the body uses. Apparently pyroxidine, (the "normal" B6), can cause some tingling in the extremeties. So far as I know, P-5-P does not cause this. P-5-P is only a little bit more expensive than the "normal" pyroxidine. Solgar sells P-5-P, or you can send away and get it real cheap, in a online supplier like this,which I have used often:

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-p-5-p-pyridoxal-5-phosphate

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-p-5-p-pyridoxal-5-phosphate

I tend to take my P-5-P sublingually, crushed up with an eyedropper's full of 40-50% alcohol and the rest water. Rum or any 80 proof spirit may also be used. The skin under the tongue and on the inside of the cheeks is full of blood vessels, the mixture goes directly into the blood and gives a calming effect in just a couple of minutes.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 05:36 pm
@dalehileman,
Are you saying our laboratory lied, through years of our lives? and distrust my and our credentials?
Blickers

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 05:40 pm
Sorry, here is the sublingual form of P-5-P:

http://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-coenzymated-b-6-sublingual-25-mg-60-sublingual-tablets-1
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 06:11 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
why it would help a problem you think is circulatory
That's what I'd like to know. But Blick many thanks for the sugg; I'll send a link to my BH, now in the process of ordering

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 06:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
...our laboratory lied...? and distrust ...credentials?
No I don't remember any such but sometimes when I try to inject a note of humor, can be misunderftood
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 07:11 pm
@dalehileman,
Not humorous to scientists who spend their lives in research.

So, how is your arm?

dalehileman

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 01:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
So, how is your arm?
Fine thanks Osso with continued used of 5-htp and Advil. The former however, casts some doubt as it's supposedly not to be used with depression meds

Incidentally, its main use to improve mood, one side effect listed is anxiety, so whadjado

https://www.google.com/?client=safari&channel=mac_bm#channel=mac_bm&q=5-htp+anxiety
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Extremity goes to sleep
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 03:26:13