Mail theft

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 11:53 am
L to E, Victorville Daily Press
Hey a2k fellas, got any better ideas….

Thank you for “Mail theft on rise” Jan. 22. In spite of its remarkable length however, I note few suggestions of a scientific sort. While the homeowner is encouraged to pick up every day, at least I’d have expected mention of some sort of signaling device, of which there are many.

https://www.google.com/?client=safari&channel=mac_bm#channel=mac_bm&q=remote+radio+signal+mail+delivery

To this end we place a rock on the mailbox which of course is dislodged with delivery; so now we plan to clear any vegetation on a path to make it visible from house.

Incidentally the media might expand on issues of this sort; eg, as long as we’re discussing delivery, instead of a front gate, some sort of ultrasonic device that repels the dog but which won’t impede the entrance of a delivery truck.

https://www.google.com/?client=safari&channel=mac_bm#channel=mac_bm&q=ultrasonic+dog+repellent

…as the scientific imagination goes wild with better methods to catch a thief. The first of my own such is the treatment of incoming mail with some kind of harmless and odorless but persistent compound with detectors at public accommodations of every sort where the thief would instantly set off an alarm. Of course many of us innocent would also be embarrassed.

….Well, at 86 I’m no expert , so guys, come up with a better way.

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 366 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 01:02 pm
You mean you actually get something in the mail that's of value?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 02:00 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
...actually get something... of value?
Us old folk do get our meds in the mailbox

Whether or not we're of any value to the world at large....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mail theft
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 03:30:38