Let's end a 3 year old debate...

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:28 pm
JoeFX wrote:
...my eyebrow is the center of many jokes.

And here I thought my life was miserable.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:29 pm
Laughing.

You're both cool.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:32 pm
your eyebrow (i shall not poke fun of a unibrow seeing as I was once a card carrying club member) like my friends nose was the blunt of many jokes... we would be known to stop football games so that passer by'ers could walk down the sidewalk in safety
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:39 pm
My mother wouldn't let me tweeze my eyebrows ever. I finally broke the rules at fourteen. Once in a while I still let them grow a bit.

(er, I'm a woman)
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:41 pm
whats really cool is when a woman tweezes all of her eye brows off and then DRAWS them back on... i mean i cant tell their drawn on AT ALL... i mean they look SO REAL!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:41 pm
And you can tell by that post, that in the 1950's, your mother not letting you meant something.....

for better or worse. Times change. I was all on the side of change.
Am a little nostalgic now.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:44 pm
ossobuco wrote:
And you can tell by that post, that in the 1950's, your mother not letting you meant something.....

what do you mean?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:52 pm
What do I mean, I was trained that to not obey my mother was at the least a venial sin. I was reared to heavily respect my superiors, and obey them. Sins if not.

Kind of hard for folks now to understand my high school run by what I have read since is/was one of the strictest orders in the country. Well, it wasn't all that strict, but it did have quite a narrow view to be inculcated.

If my mother said no, to disobey was not only wilfull childish behavior, it was a venial sin. I suppose this is still true in catholic schools, but the import of sin is conveyed differently in dfferent times. Things loosened up about the time I graduated from high school.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:54 pm
I harbor my somewhat jaundiced view from my own foundation of experiences and a whole bunch of reading about other peoples'.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:54 pm
ah im tracking now.... thanks for the run down
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:00 pm
And... as luck would have it, the years after I graduated from high school and beyond were very interesting years, not just for me, but for the world... the sixties. And then, of course, the seventies.

But, we're losing sight of Joefx's facial hair.....

HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:47 pm
I'm personally not a fan of drawn eyebrows.

As for the jokes, most people do it in a lighthearted manner so I really don't mind. I even participate in some of the jokes, ie. my eyebrow has a mind of it's own, it gives me super powers, it has it's own sexy dance, etc.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:03 pm
I'm not sure why sometimes I can see the pictures and then not see the pictures, but I would go with e. It has a sort of a rock star quality. The full beard and mustache, that's more Dan Hill...."Sometime When we Touch"....yuck.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:43 pm
either way its all up to what you're comfortable with
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:32 pm
e) and then g). "e" is a lovely photograph but "g" probably looks the best in real life.

Facial hair feels unpleasant to (even) kiss, and, unless you are into the international terrorist look, I suggest that you free Mexico's population of rats ( or shave, however it goes) . Beards and moustaches are incredibly creepy, but they are useful in some professions if you want to appear older than you are in order to appear more experienced. Sometimes.

The unibrow is fine, it wouldn't stop me from dating somebody.It doesn't make you look poorly groomed in the same way as a long beard does. If you want facial hair, get a mysterious little goatee.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 10:46 pm
I like E but you should add a very short goatee (sp.?) to the look.

Yeah semi- short hair and close trimmed goatee.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 04:54:58