Centrex right on

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 12:33 pm
L 2 E, Victorville Daily Press today:

After inauguration, recalling “A New Deal” Jan. 20 with Trump “...…breaking conventions and upending expectations…,” remembering that eight had died in office, my reaction was a kind of reward for attempting to speedread: I’m upended when on page 3 “Doctors consider removing tube” from "….the 92-year-old... former President George H.W. Bush…” But because the phrase usually signifies a dying patient, then I'm jolted by “…will be discharged from the ICU in a few days.” What’s hilarious is the realization after a slow reread, “…would allow Bush to breathe on his own.”

(As a rank amateur speedreader, sometimes at 2400 wpm, hardly ever remember a word)

Even funnier previous day when another apparent speedreader Centrex in chat site "able?know" or a2k, with "Not funny, really” reports: “... with news feeds, ...scanned the BBC one, I really thought momentarily that it said "Trump supporters share their excrement”…

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 387 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 02:44 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
(As a rank amateur speedreader, sometimes 2400 wpm, hardly ever remember a word

Yes, I most certainly can attest to that bolded part dale. Perhaps it is time for you to read all the words, let's be honest here, it can't hurt.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 03:45 pm
@Sturgis,
Stur thank you, I really been working on that angle; that is, catching every word, and you're absolutely right

However there are several methods; eg in one (never gave it a name), I read the entire first par at a slower speed, then if only a bit interested in the rest, I skim without that req'm't
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 03:17 am
I once took a Speedreading course, and afterwards I read War and Peace in ten minutes! It's about Russia, I think.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 11:55 am
@centrox,
Cen that'n got me into stitches
What sort of method did you find most useful
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 01:32 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
...it said "Trump supporters share their excrement”…

Thus under “Power Transfer, “ next day, “”He left no doubt he considers himself the product of a movement…."
centrox

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 01:47 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Thus under “Power Transfer, “ next day, “”He left no doubt he considers himself the product of a movement…."

I like that...
dalehileman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 01:53 pm
@centrox,
Thank you Cen
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Centrex right on
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 01:34:21