boyfriend who just ditched a great relationship for noreason

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 11:38 am
Well, to summarize the relationship..
I met Josh through my friend, and I was immediatly drawn to his sense of humor. His friend set us up sort of, and we became really good friends this summer. We were very compatible. We started hanging out a lot and he asked me out, so I said yes to humor him basically because he had been nagging me. At that point he was like my best friend; we talked every day and were really, really close. He was like the ideal boyfriend and we were both really happy with the relationship and had planned to stay together for a long time.

Well, last Thursday I went to see him and everything was fine, and after that he just stopped calling me. I talked to our mutual friend who had set us up and he told me that Josh wants to break up with me and wanted HIM to break up with me for Josh. I learned this on our anniversary (we hadn't spoken for a week at that point). I'm hearing all these awful things about Josh, that he lies all the time and about how now he likes this other girl and wants to ask her out. Its like hearing about some different person I don't know. This is after telling me how he'd never hurt me and about how I was the best thing in his life and he was gonna try so hard not to screw it up.

I don't see what went wrong, and I'm so hurt and confused by what he did.. Theres no way I can call him.. and I'm miserable; I just don't know what to do. Does anyone have ANY advice at all?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 226 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 02:40 pm
britt--

Welcome to A2K.

You are showing excellent sense in not calling Josh. An old-fashioned way of describing him would be, "Looks good but won't wear well."

Yes, I know, he talked and listened and promised you the moon and a vine covered cottage and a future of passionate love. Then he wants your mutual friend to do the dirty work of breaking up with you.

You are better off without him.

You say:

Quote:
This is after telling me how he'd never hurt me and about how I was the best thing in his life and he was gonna try so hard not to screw it up.

To an objective outsider this sounds as though he knows he's fickle and faithless in love. Why would he talk about hurting you if it weren't on his mind; if he hadn't hurt other girls/women?

Incidently, how old are you and Josh?
0 Replies

britt4270

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 02:57 pm
thank you. and we're both 16.

haha honestly i didnt mention that before because i didnt think people would take me seriously being 16 and all.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 03:25 pm
Britt--

Being sixteen is very hard--both for gals and guys. I'm not going to tell you that your romance with Josh was "only practice"--your emotions were deeply involved and Josh's duplicity was very painful.

Guys, much more than girls, are tempted to play the field; to see just how many conquests they can accumulate. This is very hard on girls/women.

Fortunately you're starting a new school year. There is enough routine built into your days, Monday through Friday, that you can't sit around and coddle a broken heart--or convince yourself that a cracked heart is broken.

Obviously you're going to be interested in whatever Josh is doing in the foreseeable future, but you're being very mature about not phoning him and whining and weeping.

If Josh is a 'love 'em and leave 'em" guy, the more independent you are, the more attractive you are to him.

I wish you luck, Britt. Learning the rules of living and loving can be very painful--but we all have to learn.

P.S.

Check out these poems by Dorothy Parker. She's very soothing for a broken heart.

http://www.americanpoems.com/poets/parker/sort_poems_alphabetically#poems
0 Replies

britt4270

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 03:32 pm
thank you very much for all your advice, its been helpful. and thank you for taking me seriously as well.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 03:45 pm
You're welcome, Britt. Take care.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » boyfriend who just ditched a great relationship for noreason
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:18:56