Talk to talk

Krumple

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 06:24 pm
Have you ever gotten into a conversation with a person who continue on and on almost not even caring that you are listening? If you try to add to the conversation they just keep talking as if you never said anything? You wait for the social que for you to respond but they never give you any chance they just keep rambling.

I recently ran into a person who the last four or five conversations with them went this way. I find it annoying. Almost like they are dictating to me and my input isn't needed or required.

Has anyone else experienced people like this and is there any civil way to interject this behavior to get them to see that it's annoying without causing an issue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 471 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 06:30 pm
@Krumple,
Sure, but most of them are telephone solicitors.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 06:38 pm
@Krumple,
I've had blind dates like that.

The escape is usually something like, "Sorry, gotta go. Early morning tomorrow."
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 07:33 pm
Sometimes we are nothing more than an audience. It's a rehearsed presentation and - you are right- it does't even matter if you are there or not.

It's all so boring.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 08:26 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
on and on almost not even caring that you are listening? If you try to add to the conversation they just keep talking as if you never said anything?

Might as well listen to the pouring rain.

Sorry what were you saying?

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Talk to talk
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:45:46