Profiles revisited

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 05:11 pm
Often ask myself, why would anyone go to so much trouble at one of the otherwise perfectly inconsequential chat sites to supposedly help out some perfect stranger at some remote loc

Often with such posting well-written at some length I wonder a host of unknowns. Am I alone
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 223 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:06 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
...why help...some perfect stranger...?

Because we are kindly folks.
(But rest assured, we also help the less than perfect as well.)

Quote:
...I wonder a host of unknowns. Am I alone?

Probably you perhaps may be, unless you've ingested too many molasses cookies before bedtime in which case it's all a dream.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 11:27 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Because we are kindly folks.
Indeed, but don't Stur 'em up

Quote:
too many molasses cookies before bedtime
No but could be those 2 or 3 exotic imported brews
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:25 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
inconsequential chat sites to supposedly help out some perfect stranger at some remote loc

You need to realise that this isn't really a "chat site", although you treat it as if it were one (you're not the only one). Chat sites are where people exchange (mostly) inconsequential chatter about e.g. topics of the day, their (often mundane) daily lives, their pets, their new phone, Miley Cyrus' ass, whatever.

This site is intended to be a "help forum" where people can ask questions and get (hopefully) useful answers. You don't grasp this, but they are not just helping some individual stranger, but also anyone else in the future who uses a web search such as Google to find references, or who browses the forum anonymously. The questions and answers are visible to, and findable by, the whole world.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 01:52 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
(you're not the only one)
It's that nothing is entirely anything, while...

Quote:
intended to be a "help forum"....You don't grasp this
Yes, no, I didn't even know that, Cen. It's not everyday....

Quote:
The questions and answers... findable by, the whole world
Quite so C/C, have no excuse whatever for my laziness in that regard
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Profiles revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 09:17:46