Uses for ball

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 03:31 pm
From the annals of of Greater Southwest Beer-Tasting Society

...small but strong white plastic ball that comes in the can of Guiness NITRO IPA
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 319 • Replies: 9
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 05:03 pm
@dalehileman,
According to our most excellent No. 2 Son it's called a "rocket widget"
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 05:32 pm
@dalehileman,
It seems to me that the can widget could be used for mini ping pong (when that becomes a thing). The rocket widget in the bottles doesn't seem to immediately suggest a re-use. But I'll bet they could be sent back to Guinness so they can be inserted into new bottles of the BEST BEER ON EARTH!
dalehileman

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 06:19 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Yea Tom I wonder how much we'd get for each one

Quote:
BEST BEER ON EARTH!
Dunno 'bout that Blink but it's INFUSED WITH NITROGEN

....Just think of it !
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 07:26 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
BEST BEER ON EARTH!

I don't mean the IPA, I mean the regular Guinness.

Quote:
INFUSED WITH NITROGEN

What could be better?

I never thought of taking the widgets out of the cans because I return them for a nickel. But if there's a neat little ball in there I'll start immediately!
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 12:20 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Thanks Tom for the pertinent analysis. I wonder if the ball contains the N
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 12:27 pm
@dalehileman,
I just read about this and what I understand is that the ball is full of beer, but has a tiny hole in it. The beer is bottled or canned under pressure with nitrogen. When the can is opened, the pressure inside drops dramatically and the beer that was in the widget is forced through the tiny hole, creating the tiny bubbles that give the BEST BEER IN THE WORLD it's distinctive creamy head.
Disclaimer: I don't actually work for Guinness. (But how cool would it be if I did!)
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 12:33 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Tom thank you. One might ask why myself I don't Google my many q's. My response is, well, that wouldn't stimulate conversation. Of course truth is, I'm lazy
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 01:13 pm
@dalehileman,
Right. We could eliminate conversation altogether if we just Google more. But I like to talk. Sometimes just to hear the sound of my own voice. Or to see my own type.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 01:20 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Thank you again Tom, you've made my day, maybe even the upcoming week; while I've added you to my Good Guys list
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Uses for ball
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:30:53