...What are you wearing today?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,435 • Replies: 17
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:17 pm
Good question; I've always thought the same thing. It seems that some inane topics seems the most popular. I'm at a loss to figure this one out, so I'll just bookmark this forum, and wait for the revealing answers that are sure to come. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:28 pm
...The US, The UN and Iraq
Some see this complex question and want a simple answer, some see this complex question and try to deal with the depth of the complexity.

...The neverending WORD ASSOCIATION GAME
It's the most fun you can have one letter at a time.

...What are you wearing today?
It's a different answer everyday.

Hopefully,

Joe
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 09:25 pm
Joe, do you feel the last two topics lend themselves to play and casual conversation? Have you noticed whether the same people constantly return or is there a long list of names at each interaction? I suppose I could go through the threads and count.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 09:31 pm
Hmm.. Joe may have a point but my initial thought was that some threads become a sort of "clubhouse". The politcial posters gather in theirs, the "fluff" posters gather in theirs, the literary types gather in theirs... The threads become a sort of informal, unspoken "meeting house", a gathering point to meet up with others.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 09:40 pm
fish, I am leaning in that direction.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 09:48 pm
They keep going because they're on our list of 'topics you have posted in'.....and even though seemingly trivial they keep 'us' in touch daily.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:00 pm
Mapleleaf, Do you also count sheep to sleep? LOL Wink c.i.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:47 pm
I see the latter two as "hey, how ya doin'!"... if there's nothing specific you want to say, just kinda want to wave without being so mundane as saying "hi, I'm here! Who else is?'
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:54 pm
right, sozobe, it's a way of just checking in, "I'm still here."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:59 pm
I guess, at our age, it's good to know we're still "kicking around." Wink c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:22 pm
"never ending"

:words <communication>

:war <sigh>

:clothes <sin>
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:30 am
I'd wager a lot of folks don't even know this page is here:

Top A2K Interactions
By a large margin, The Neverending Word Association Game is the most active thread on The Website, in terms of both replies and views. The US, The UN, and Iraq is second, again in both categories. Among the remainder, most are what I would term "Chatty" otr "Freindly" threads, and there is less correlation of "Views" and "Replies" rankings among them. A few appear on one list but not the other. Very few "Political" threads appear on either list.

I think some of the threads are "Clubhouses" of a sort. I hang out in a few of them, or at least pop in from time to time. Honestly, I'm a bit uncomfortable, uncertain of myself, and hard pressed to keep up in some of the digression threads. I would love to play in Lola's Salon or What are you Wearing more than I do ... I follow them, pretty much, but often, days will intervene between my interactions on them. I just find it easier, I guess, to participate in an intense, even contentious, debate, or to explore philosophy or to wriggle out bits and pieces of historical trivia than to engage in pleasantries. Nonetheless, I do find, and appreciate, refuge in some of the "Lighter" threads as a break from the passion and intensity of the "Heavier" threads. A smile, a hug, a bit of silly banter are often welcome after a particularly trying brawl.

There is plenty of variety among the "Lighter" threads, and plenty of the "Non-Political" threads feature some very intense, and very well developed debate. There are many very personal threads, dealing with matters of importance in folks private lives, which are fascinating, and often deeply touching as well. I try to "sample" a spectrum of the website, and in doing so, I develop impressions of, and insights into, the personas of lots of members. I gravitate toward the "Heavy Lifting" threads, though, and I really do enjoy "Issues". I have strong feelings on many things, and I find expressing those feelings helps me to further form, develop and support them. I learn stuff too. I click on and read far more articles than I myself link to. I rarely post a link; I would rather discuss and examine an idea or proposition from my own viewpoint than to provide a link to someone else's thoughts on the matter.

Well, OK. It's getting late. I'm gonna go back out there and poke around a bit. If I don't stumble into a seemly-looking barfight, I'll pop overr and say goodnight to Pueo and hang it up for the evening.

timber
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 03:01 pm
Is anyone bothered by these topics?
For me it's a nice little stress releiver between - pinches and difficulties on the job.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 04:07 pm
No one is bothered. I was just curious.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 04:13 pm
Razz Laughing

Maple - ps - I'll tell you when to not take me serious! LOL
Luv Ya Man!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 04:18 pm
husker, Retirement is really fantastic. Try to do it as earliest you possibly can. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 07:51 pm
I just wanted to echo Timberlandko comments which I thought were very well put. Jumping around from topic to topic has taught me a lot about some of the folks here and a not a little about myself (especially that judgemental joe who shows his meaneyes even onced in a while.)
A person I had begun to think was a Neanderthal turned out in another venue to be someone kind and kind of interesting.

Shucks meaneyes wrong again. J
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » WHY DO THESE QUESTIONS ON A2K HAVE CONTINUED SUPPORT:
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:16:10