talking to yourself

Seed

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:54 pm
Do you ever talk to yourself? do you answer your own questions? do you ever just sit around and hold a converstation with yourself?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,501 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Seed

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:55 pm
Well now that you mention it... i do actually. I am always answering my own questions. sometimes it can get quite annoying. people are always looking at you like you are just a little off in the head.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:56 pm
yea like they think you are maybe just one brick short of a house. sometimes it can be quite funny as well... ah those are the days...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 05:01 am
there's a quote from the hitchhikers guide to the galalxy, that goes something like, "the only problem with talking to yourself is, about 90% of the time, you know what you're going to say next"

ah, but it's that 10% that makes it all worth while in my opinion
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 05:33 am
Yep, do it a lot, quite therapeutic sometimes.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 05:36 am
Yeah, sometimes I think out loud........for me it is a good way to kick around an idea. Also, when I am angry, I will often mutter to myself. I think that the muttering makes for a good escape valve to release some of the anger.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:15 am
I do talk to myself. It is more a habit of thinking out loud. I think it helps me sometimes to sort things out. Phoenix it is so nice to hear that some one else does that angry muttering too. I also like your thoughts that it is a good escape value, it makes me seem a little less of a looney.

On the other hand sometimes it is fun to have full-fledged conversations with yourself and sometimes even argue when you are for instance taking public transportation. It is one to get some extra space around you on a crowded subway.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:34 am
Quote:
it makes me seem a little less of a looney.

Have you considered that maybe we are BOTH loonies! Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:37 am
Thanks Phoenix-just when I was feeling better about myself. Now I have doubts on my sanity and yours.
0 Replies

travelbug

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:03 am
I talk to myself all the time. Sometimes when i'm walking down the road I think aloud myself without realising then wonder why all the passers-by are giving me strange looks.

All my family does it, my german exchange partner commented on it when she came to stay. I thought it was perfectly normal!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:16 am
I talk to myself all the time. Thinking out loud, muttering, carrying on. Good to hear so many others do it. Sometimes I'd worry...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
I am a great conversation...I do it all the time. I actually think outloud and it helps me work things out. Never thought of it as weird. Eoe, you're not bizarre.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 07:12 pm
Seed wrote:
Do you ever talk to yourself? do you answer your own questions? do you ever just sit around and hold a converstation with yourself?

Doesn't everybody?

They don't?

Oh my gawd, I might be in trouble then! Laughing

The shower is my place for those deep conversations. Forget singing. :wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 07:25 pm
I am always mumbling to myself about what assh*les everyone else on the subway is.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 08:28 pm
It seems like I am talking to myself, but in reality
I'm talking to the kid who is neither listening nor responding.
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 08:40 pm
Quote:
It seems like I am talking to myself, but in reality
I'm talking to the kid who is neither listening nor responding.

I feel your pain, Funny how a kid can hear you and not be listening
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 08:41 pm
I think we all talk to ourselves, but some people are better at not doing so in front of others.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 08:30 am
littlek wrote:
I think we all talk to ourselves, but some people are better at not doing so in front of others.

i wish i was one of those people Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 09:18 am
But of course I talk to myself. From time to time it's refreshing to have a conversation with a like-minded, intelligent person.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 11:10 am
Sure I talk to myself. It's a secret though, so don't tell anyone. Actually, I fall into "thinking out loud" group and it's mainly my way of venting if something is bothering me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » talking to yourself
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:18:45