Karma reaches out to slay animal hunter

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 01:58 pm
In other news, Italian veterinarian Luciano Ponzetto has fallen to his death while out hunting birds.

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/veterenarian-hunt-lions-dies-falling-100ft-ravine-shooting-birds-italian-luciano-ponzetto-a7476441.html

If he hadn't been a veterinarian it would have been bad enough that he went out hunting, shooting and killing defenseless creatures in the name of sport; but, as a person who was in a profession charged with helping and healing critters, it was doubly revolting. Hopefully as he plunged down those 100 feet towards his eternity, he got his eyes plucked out by a passing vulture!

What are your thoughts about this? Justice earned or terrible tragedy for Ponzetto?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 812 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 02:16 pm
@Sturgis,
Them buzzards are scary looking birds, alright.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 03:05 pm
It was suggested on another thread that Karma punished Hillary Clinton for having spoken badly about Putin by having the Russians hack her email.

I would have thought that Karma would have had her inadvertently ingest methanol tainted Stolichnaya vodka, or some such ironic fate.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 04:01 pm
@Sturgis,
My father hunted birds in the early 1900's with his older brother, and an uncle via marriage did too, a guy I also respect. The uncle was a desert explorer, who when I was three or four, taught me how to churn ice cream; I still have his rock collection. I understand. I just couldn't imagine myself shooting a bird, and this was early '40's.

I sold my father's collected couple of old rifles to Abercrombie, likely way less than their worth.

So, I'm way out there in woo woo to some, re the hunting for sport thing. I sort of get culling as an idea, the damned deer in the roads, but am no on it. Drive carefully.
Modulate driving.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 04:04 pm
@Sturgis,
Arguing with self, italians have subsisted by hunting near forever, which I do get..

It's the sport of it all, the glee for killing, that throws me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 04:12 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Hopefully as he plunged down those 100 feet towards his eternity, he got his eyes plucked out by a passing vulture!

What are your thoughts about this? Justice earned or terrible tragedy for Ponzetto?

Does it make you any better than your opinion of him that you would wish such a thing on him? So what will be the karma that befalls you for taking such pleasure?

My thoughts?

I don't like when people hunt animals when they aren't in the pursuit of food.
I don't like it that a person fell to their death.

The two things aren't incompatible.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 01:49 pm
If it was "justice" or "karma" that killed him, then that alleged principle of the universe seems, to say the least, wantonly capricous. (What else is new?). Why doesn't it slay slaughterhouse workers in droves?

I remember reading once that 19th century upper-class British travellers in Italy were horrified by the Italian practice of covering rocks with nets to trap little birds to cook and eat, which seemed (to the visitors) awfully unsporting.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 01:56 pm
I have less of an issue with hunting for a purpose. If the creature is to be used for food and other things, then, I have a level of acceptance towards it. Killing just for the sake of killing and then not using the remains sickens me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Karma reaches out to slay animal hunter
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 07:37:43