Two Bronze Statues . Picasso

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 02:54 pm
I recently purchased two older small bronze statues (they are about 8" or so in height and very heavy). I liked them because they a modern feel... kind of reminded me of Matisses' bronzes to a point. They were simply listed as old bronze statues.
When I got them home I noticed a mark(some writing)on the buttock of the standing piece. In very small letters I made out "Pica" and then saw the "Sso" . I was then able to see a capital "R" before the "Pica" when I turned it.
I do not know what to make of this . It was hard to see so I could understand why the seller did not notice . I was hoping to get some opinions. I apologize if the photos are not the best(I will need to get some more in sunlight). They are brown green in color . The photo of the signature was tough due it being on a rounded buttock (the color of the signature photos are different because I was trying different filters to get a better picture).
Would appreciate any thoughts. Will be sending to an appraiser in January.
Thank you

https://postimg.org/gallery/1j6h2ud40/

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 418 • Replies: 3
No top replies

blatham

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 03:57 pm
@Tulsun01,
You'll definitely need to have an expert (or more than one) take a look at these. I doubt very much you'll find valuable and accurate answers through an online query. Even someone who has the necessary familiarity would want to see them in person. Art forgery is a booming business.

Good luck, though. Wouldn't it be nice.
Tulsun01

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 09:13 pm
@blatham,
I agree... I will definitely be showing the appraiser in January. Thank you for replying:)
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 01:41 am
@Tulsun01,
Just Google : Picasso signature on bronze. You will see several samples.

Your pieces don't really look like his work, but - hey - good luck. Let us know what you find out.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Two Bronze Statues . Picasso
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:42:15