Paraphrasing

yooyoo

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2016 11:15 am
Hello everyone
I want to translate the following sentence to another language, but I cannot understand the English sentence. Would you please paraphrase the sentence so I would find out the true meaning of it?
Since then Dr. Sa'id Khin's friends adopted the view that he was not justified in depriving his philanthropic work of the aid which it might receive from the price that so great a rarity as this find might fetch, but as long as he had control he kindly reserved to me the right of publication. The documents were sold at Sotheby's, but happily they have found a home in the British Museum.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 372 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2016 01:17 pm
@yooyoo,
Hello Yoo

Since that time--that is, since the days we were just talking about-- Dr. Sa'id Khin's friends took up the idea that he was not right in taking away from his good works any help--at the store where it might be sold in that shorter way-- that it might otherwise get from the price that such an uncommon thing might get out in the world, but as long as he was in charge of it all he kindly let me copy and sell it without those mods, as if it were mine. These writings--we think the ones he had modified-- were later sold at Sotheby's, but thanks to their value the British Museum has somehow obtained and now shows them. So if you should happen to see it there, please write me and let me know if it's the one he first wrote or the one he had shortened

....I think
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2016 02:06 pm
Since then Dr. Sa'id Khin's friends told him he should aid his philathropic work by selling so valuable a rarity, but while he had control he gave me the right of publication. The documents were sold at Sotheby's, and went to the British Museum.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2016 05:09 pm
@contrex,
Yea Con, more concise you might say
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Paraphrasing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/22/2024 at 10:04:43