So, where did the dems go wrong?

Frugal1

Thu 15 Dec, 2016 12:24 pm
Sheriff Clarke:
Quote:
Fake News started in Ferguson when MSNBC, NYTimes & Post, NFL, The View, etc. all propagated the "Hands up Don’t shoot" lie.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Thu 15 Dec, 2016 12:42 pm
The dems went wrong thinking they didn't need hard
working tax paying republicans with life experience.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Sat 17 Dec, 2016 06:54 pm
@Builder,
Is it possible that Hillary lost because she is a woman?
I know we're all supposed to be open minded and modern and all that, but maybe deep down inside, people just couldn't bring themselves to vote for a woman?
Builder

Sat 17 Dec, 2016 07:01 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
Is it possible that Hillary lost because she is a woman?

I don't think that came into the picture at all. In fact, she was probably given the benefit of the doubt on a lot of issues, rather than being discriminated against on gender.

There was actually a lot of support for the "first woman president" thing here in Australia, where we recently saw our first female Prime Minister in Julia Gillard.

Harking back to HRC's first sound-byte, or slogan "It's Time" meaning time for a woman in the white house, I think that was actually hugely lame, and pathetically condescending to women in general.

TomTomBinks

Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:06 pm
@Builder,
I agree that there is no "time" for a woman president, and those that would vote for a woman because of her gender are just as bad as those that wouldn't vote for her because of her gender. (Kind of the same situation in 2008 with the first black president).
A lot of the Hillary haters also seem to be harboring some resentment of a woman in power. They may not express it overtly but seem to criticize her more severely than they would a man in a similar situation.
Just a thought.
cicerone imposter

Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:25 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I think Hillary had too many negatives to be elected president. Her trustworthiness was very low, and many Americans didn't believe most of what she said. She's been in politics for too long, and many felt she was only seeking more power.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/hillary-clinton-liar-factor-2016-213100
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:35 pm
@TomTomBinks,
She could have won if she was the right woman, but she turned out to be an extremely nasty woman.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:13 pm
It's not like women in a power role is a new thing anywhere these days. I actually breathed a huge sigh of relief when Obama got the job. After the Cheney Bush days, anything would be an improvement.
Frugal1

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 06:48 am
@Builder,
So obama was close enough to a woman, and you were relieved?
It turned out that he is very feminine, but also the worst US president ever.

Olivier5

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 06:58 am
They chose the wrong candidate, so certain were they that they owned the system and already won the election before the vote.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 10:48 am
@Frugal1,
Quote:
worst US president ever.

The worst US president ever was George W. Bush: a mass murderer, a liar AND a dimwit. Obama was a genius and a saint in comparison.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 10:59 am
People aren't buying your Liberal propaganda anymore.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:35 am
I'm saying the truth and you know it. Even Trump said that the Iraq war was a hüüüge mistake...
Frugal1

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:46 am
@Olivier5,
Genius and saint, are words never used to describe 0bama in the real world.
Nope, in the real world 0bama is described with words that mean quite the opposite.

Electing 0bama not once, but twice was a hüüüge mistake...
Olivier5

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:59 am
@Frugal1,
How would you know what the real world look like?
Frugal1

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 12:14 pm
@Olivier5,
The real world is the world that repudiated all things 0bama, and vanquished HRC.

Welcome to it.
Olivier5

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 12:28 pm
@Frugal1,
That's the world of the cretins, and it's totally fake.
cicerone imposter

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 12:48 pm
@Frugal1,
You don't understand US politics. Obama is enjoying a 56% approval rating. You probably rate in the single digits for your knowledge about US politics.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/obama-approval-rating-reaches-four-year-high-cbs-news-poll/?client=safari
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 01:32 pm
@Olivier5,
You just describe your world of snowflakes to a T, congratulations!

Olivier5

Sun 18 Dec, 2016 01:59 pm
@Frugal1,
Oh look, a snowflake chaser! Aren't they cute? I wish they'd never grow up, so they can keep chasing snowflakes forever with their little hands.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:48:35