What can I do to make myself happy?

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 10:33 pm
I feel like most of the time I am very unhappy and at times going on really does seem pointless, but I do not want to kill myself. Sometimes it's just very hard to see the joys in life, to love myself. I don't feel worth a lot. I'm overweight even though I have been trying to lose weight for a year now, I don't feel that pretty. There was this guy I was talking to that I really liked but I don't think he likes me anymore. Every time I get close to someone, something happens that splits us up. I feel like my education is at jeopardy. I can't move from where I currently live and it's stressing me out and making me even more depressed. I don't really have a social life. I don't feel like there is anywhere else for me to turn, I just want happiness. No matter what I try, I am just unhappy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 574 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2016 11:11 pm
@Maybebroken,
Go see the counselor at your school, and tell him/her what you said here.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 07:33 am
@Maybebroken,
You should seek counseling. Talk to an impartial professional about how you are feeling.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 04:09 pm
@Maybebroken,
In any case, May, hang in there for it might be a temp chem cond

You might try extended quitting one food (or med?) at a time; but then you might not

Best of luck, Ken, and hope you get better
0 Replies

seac

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 07:22 pm
@Maybebroken,
A box of chocolates.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:48 pm
@seac,
Quote:
chocolates
Yes, yes, certainly. Of course many flavors of ice cream. And finish off w/a mug of exotic imported brew

Many will respond, do the brew first
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 12:49 pm
Say to yourself, I am happy and you will feel happy.

Your heart is a slave to your mind in many cases.

If you say you are depressed and unhappy your heart will feel that way, if you say the opposite your heart will feel the opposite.

I call these things "doctrines". I hate myself, I am useless, I am not a good person... Flip them around, I love myself, I am useful and I am a good person etc... When you hear yourself saying negatives about yourself stop and reverse them. See how they feel reversed. It is up to you.

This works for most things other than changing ones sexual preference which is a much more rooted part of the psyche and body.

It is a preference rather than a shortcoming.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What can I do to make myself happy?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:10:00