Making Up

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 05:33 am
Can mascara be diluted?

I bought this mascara from Avon and it has worked well for me. Lately though, I've bee dealing with the clump issue. You know what I'm talking about? Not major clumping, but tiny litte ones, and I'm forced to go over it and over it until the clumbs are gone.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BEAUTIFUL NO CLUMPING MASCARA???

Is this a sign of make-up showing it's aging? it's senility? not knowing it's supposed to be perfect everytime I reach for it? Darn it!

Now...back to my original question....can it be diluted so that it will still cover but be thinned enough to not clump?

I have a VERY limited make up budget...so when i buy it I need it to last until it's allll gone....

any suggestions other than 'break down and buy a new one' ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 473 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 05:39 am
The thing that I would be concerned about is bacteria in the water that you would use for diluting. If it were around for awhile, it could potentially cause an infection. Using distilled water might solve that problem, but the distilled water would cost you. I suppose that you could boil the tap water first.

Anyhow, I think that you would be better off buying new mascara. I don't know what Avon costs, but I rarely buy cosmetics that you can't get in the super market.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 09:41 am
Water's a no-no in the mascara. Won't blend with waterproof, and will make the non-waterproof runny.

I've been told it's supposed to be tossed after 3 months - bacteria. I'm never that good about it - but clumpy goes.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 11:06 am
I thought this was another relationship thread. Smile
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
*tsk* okay. i am off to buy a new one
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:36 pm
i use water all the time, keep my mascaras forever - i like each of them for different reasons. never had an issue with infection or whatnot. I simply stick the brush under running water, stick it back into the mascara and it works again. why not. i can't buy a blue or a 'very berry' mascara every three months, and i do need them occasionally. so there, my 1 cent worth.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Making Up
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:13:04