HELP! I have Roaches!!!

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:57 pm
Mice don't eat roaches, but dogs and cats do. I have also been annoyed by this infestation. Maybe cjhsa can loan me one of his guns. I don't know how to shoot one but my wife does. Now you know why I can't get divorced. Laughing
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:08 pm
I don't have roaches but I came home from a lovely sushi dinner with the Mrs tonight to find our two cats had cornered a mouse. First frost of the year and the little buggers go running for the indoors.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 01:55 pm
Ever heard of "Detox"?

(just sayin'... ;-0 )
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:09 pm
Seed wrote:
this is a true story....

...I look up and in the corner there was a cockaroach staring me down the thing must have been about 2 1/2 inches long... thought it was gonna hold me hostage

Thems the wood roaches, not the your kitchen is mighty dirty kind. They usually live outside in dead wood, woodpiles, etc. When it starts getting colder they try to come in our house, too. There's a little slit in the bottom of our fireplace that I had to cover to keep 'em out.

They are HUGE, gross and disgusting, but I was glad to hear my Orkin guy say they didn't mean my house was dirty. "Course, he wanted my $42 for the month, so he wouldn't likely insult me...

Anyone have a count for when these guys show up? Seems like about every 8th - 10th rotation. Maybe if we had a count we could keep track of when not to look.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:25 pm
That doesn't bother me but has anyone seen that commercial for the toe nail fungus? Where the little virus guy lifts up the toe nail and jumps in? *shiver* getting all icky feeling just thinking about it.

I'll get the roaches!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:34 pm
Kristie wrote:
That doesn't bother me but has anyone seen that commercial for the toe nail fungus? Where the little virus guy lifts up the toe nail and jumps in? *shiver* getting all icky feeling just thinking about it.

I'll get the roaches!

I've seen it... it is perhaps the most disgusting commercial ever. I swear whenever I see it my toes start itching.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:10 pm
Not nearly as bad as the dead singing rat thing Quiznos did. I'll never eat there again...no loss.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:21 pm
THAT I could not understand AT ALL!!!

I saw it the first time and thought I had mistaken.

I saw it the second time and went "What were they thinking? I don't get it."

The third time I actually called and told them to fire their ad agency. The guy didn't act like he even knew what I was talking about.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 05:27 pm
Yep, those singing rat puppets were a low point in advertising.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:30 pm
Hmmm, we have a new Quiznoz here. (We are a little bit slow.) Prefer my co-op hand made sandwiches...
Haven't seen the commercial, sounds icko.

But the roaches thing for ipod, even I, pretty wide ranging in what I can get as an advert...... sigh, I was born to be an ad account exec, but punted ........ that seems, at first look, super dumb. Would be dumber if they were two three inches, as in shock and like??

Kind of like the IBM lemmings thing?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:00 am
Speaking of bad commercials, who's seen the BK "Wake up with the king" spot? Eeeck!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:09 am
I read they're only showing it in the Silicon Valley.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:13 am
cjhsa wrote:
Speaking of bad commercials, who's seen the BK "Wake up with the king" spot? Eeeck!

I've seen it... very... awkward.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:21 am
panzade wrote:
I read they're only showing it in the Silicon Valley.

Are you joking? I've seen it discussed to some length on other boards.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:22 am
I was joking....I'll stop
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 11:41 am
that's one freaky looking king. I'd rather not have him in my bed when I wake up in the morning. That's like a bad night out at the bar. :wink:
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 02:28 pm
So, has anyone tried popping Santa's zit?

I was just trying to enjoy a brownie when that banner appeared!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 11:15 pm
I haven't seen that one yet...I'm glad I missed it :wink:
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 03:53 pm
just saw the "Harry & David" ad that creeps down on top of the 1st post when you hover over it...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 10:59:47