To Mr. Trump

sky123

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:22 am
I was listening to "The Economist (London)" and Mr. Trump was interviewing.
He was speaking about Iraq and Iran and suddenly he said: " If one of those PIGs wanted to ......." and I am sure that I heard this word truly. He used the word "Pig" for these countries. Still I can't believe it. Is he going to be the president of the US? Please let me speak to him. Not because I am an Iranian but because I am a human.
To Mr. Trump
Pig?? Do you want me to tell you who is pig? If you are such a person to use such a language, keep up the good work but I am not going to lower my dignity by using such words against you.
I am not sure what is your first plan? Whether it is to "Make America Great Again" or to abuse this position for your own business but whatever it is please be aware that you are going to be in position of the presidency of the USA.
The burden of the reputation of America is in your shoulders. Do not act in a way that ultimately your people count your remaining days of presidency like our people did to Ahmadinejad.
A few days ago, 20-30 million Shia Muslims gathered peacefully in Karbala of Iraq in Arbaeen of Imam Hussein under the usual censorship of your media.
Have you ever seen such amount of people together? I've seen. I've seen them from all over the world. Not just from Iraq or Iran or Lebanon or Yemen or Afghanistan or Azerbaijan or Oman or Pakistan or Bahrain or Kuwait or Turkey or..., but also from the entire Africa, America, Canada, UK, Russia, Sweden, Holland, .... .
Also they are not just Shia Muslims but also Sunnis, even Christians. We love all of them. Do you know what does it mean? One of the biggest human gatherings in the world? (if not the biggest)... Have you ever been there? I went there last year. Walking from Najaf to Karbala about 80 kilometers. People of Iraq, not even seen us once already, invited us to their homes. They fed us. They washed our clothes. They provided us with whatever they could. Such an intimate people. Thank God Saddam Hussein is gone.
To you Mr. Trump:
Racism is over. Please think before you speak. People all over the world are watching you. You are representing the USA.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 463 • Replies: 8
No top replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:30 am
@sky123,
Can you identify the broadcast you heard? https://soundcloud.com/theeconomist
sky123

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:38 am
@blatham,
Unfortunately not exactly. I was listening to "The economist" casually but it was 2 or 3 days ago in an interview with Mr. Trump.
blatham

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:51 am
@sky123,
Sorry but I can't really take the time to go through the possible broadcasts listed at the site to verify the use of the word.

But it is quite possible he did use the term "pigs". However, in English that term doesn't have all the connotations it carries in some other languages and cultures. It is derogatory, for sure, but for us here (I'm in Canada) it doesn't carry any notion of the profane. The meanings here suggest physical uncleanliness, sloppiness, disordered surroundings.

Trump is not a sophisticated man. And he's not learned. And he is content to use racial and religious bigotry to gain and hold power. So I can't let him off the hook here but I thought I should describe how the word is used in North America.

Ceili

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:10 am
@blatham,
If this is true, it's not uncommon for racists to use the term pig, specifically when talking about Muslims because of their aversion to the animal. Trump knows full well that this was an incendiary term because Trump repeated – favorably – an apparent myth about how General John Pershing summarily executed dozens of Muslim prisoners in the Philippines with tainted ammunition during a guerrilla war against the occupying United States.

“He took fifty bullets, and he dipped them in pig’s blood,” Trump said. “And he had his men load his rifles and he lined up the fifty people, and they shot 49 of those people. And the fiftieth person he said ‘You go back to your people and you tell them what happened.’ And for 25 years there wasn’t a problem, okay?”
blatham

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:15 am
@Ceili,
Yes, he did say that, as deeply disgusting as it is. But I don't see Trump's mind as being consistent or well-organized. My guess is that it's much more likely he used the term without a mental connection to the instance you note. After all, the derogation "pig" is pretty common in our language without the profane connotation.
Ceili

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:32 am
@blatham,
And to be fair, he has use the term about women too.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:57 am
Can you imagine any other American president referring to citizens of another country as 'pigs' in a public forum?
I mean, I can see Nixon doing it, but he probably would at least wait until he thought the conversation was private.
0 Replies

sky123

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 09:43 am
@blatham,
I know that in your culture some words are used while they are very aggressive in our culture like "a...hole" or "dog" or probably "pig" but it's highly expected from the president of such a country to know that such language is embarrassing.
I've seen it many times from him. I saw the news of the second presidential debate and the way that one attacked the history of the other and the other attacked the husband of this one... Many people in the world saw it.
Honestly I can just say that it was really disgusting.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » To Mr. Trump
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:47:55