What do "as in easy" and "there is an alternative...what women want" mean in this paragraph?

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 04:53 am
Hello everybody. I'm Vietnam student and I'm learning English. To supplement my income, sometime I translate some books from English into Vietnamese. Now I'm translating a book about women and how to get them for a male customer (sorry because this topic can offend some people). But the book has a confusing text as follows.

"Today females are still worried about being seen as “easy,” as in easy to get into bed with, since society still looks down upon such females [...]Perhaps long ago there were tribes in which males and females did not do much more than pursue and enjoy each other. Unfortunately, they would eventually be wiped out by any rival tribe that was willing to put that pleasure aside for a brief moment and spend some time developing weapons and martial arts. I do not know if this is true, but I do know that all the societies that have survived until today have well-organized military forces, and today males focus a lot of time and energy on things other than the pursuit of women, even if they admit they want nothing else. I also know that you are not risking your survival by pursuing women today, and neither does focusing on women for a while mean you have to give up your career entirely or completely neglect your community. However, you ought to know at least that there is an alternative to becoming a societal sheep, to be a man, and that alternative happens to be what women want.

Can you explain the meaning of "as in easy" and "there is an alternative...what women want" in this paragraph? Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 490 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 11:21 am
That text is really offensive. It is also nonsense.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 12:50 pm
@thaisalem225,
Ok, it's a phrase, the opposite would be a woman "playing hard to get." As in they will not just have sex with a man unless they do something to earn the right to have sex with them. Some cultures that could be killing someone from another tribe, or it could be dinner and a movie. Cultures have different norms for how sexual women are. The reason for that is the responsibility of bearing children. Women have to deal with the results of sex, which could be pregnancy which leads to children, which leads to lots of responsibility.

Many cultures now have birth control measures which reduce the risks of child birth and as a result, in some cultures, women no longer require as much effort on a man to have sex because the risk of pregnancy is no longer as much of a problem. Women enjoy sex too.

So, some women are seen as "easy" in that they will have sex with multiple partners for little reason, or "Hard to get" which means they have higher standards for whom they will have sex with.

The second part is simply becoming what some women wants. All women do not want the same thing in a man. Some women like big, muscular men, some women like fat wealthy men, some women like other women.

I find it's best to be yourself and find a woman that likes that.
thaisalem225

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:07 pm
@McGentrix,
in the book the write his definition of "man" is "attractive male", and i think "sheep" in the paragraph means "a person who does what other people say to do". Do you think the writer want to said that "However, you ought to know at least that there is an alternative to becoming a societal sheep, or to be a man (attractive male), and that alternative happens to be what women want"?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What do "as in easy" and "there is an alternative...what women want" mean in this paragraph?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/27/2024 at 12:33:21