to reach many people on the other side of the world

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:08 pm
Hi everyone,

Could you please tell me if my English sentence is correct? Also, is my grammar correct or my sentence too long?

My attempt: I am passionate about writing, it has always been my dream to be able to reach many people, on the other side of the (my) world, with my writings so that they may feel, see and imagine what I write.

Thank you so much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 432 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 03:01 pm
@susieq86,
susieq86 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Could you please tell me if my English sentence is correct? Also, is my grammar correct or my sentence too long?

My attempt: I am passionate about writing, it has always been my dream to be able to reach many people, on the other side of the (my) world, with my writings so that they may feel, see and imagine what I write.

Thank you so much.

Well there are too many commas. You should really only use one per sentence. Ocassional you can use two but then you are pushing a run on sentence.

Something like this:

"I am passionate about writing. It has always been my dream to be able to reach many people on the other side of the (my) world."

The last sentence needs to be rewritten with only one or no commas.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 03:18 am
About the meaning - do you really want to only reach people on the other (opposite) side of the world? Don't you mean people all over the world? Or in distant parts of the world? "The other side of the world" has a specific meaning - if you are in (say) Britain, it would mean Australia or New Zealand, if you were in the USA it would probably mean China, Japan etc (or vice versa). Look at a globe.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » to reach many people on the other side of the world
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 04:38:11