Improving Creative Story Writing Skills

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:26 pm
Hello,
My 9 year old daughter is very fond of writing cartoon/caricature based stories (like Dork Diaries & Diary of wimpy kids), she is very creative and comes up with new stories every other day, she writes the stories along with the caricature very well.
After looking at her talent I started sending her to the creative writing course to improve her skills as a story writer but they only cover the story writing part, they don't teach anything about the drawing/caricature part & I feel that it is not comprehensive.
What I want to know is there a better way of grooming her on this skill, are there organizations which identify, encourage & train kids with these kinds of talent? Or are there any courses which will improve her skills?
Appreciate your guidance!!
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 213 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:32 pm
@lpraveen,
I dont think there is a school or even clas that focuses directly on this. You might have to split it. Enroll her in both creative writing and art classes. I could be wrong but I think for most classes there has to be enough demand for them to appear. It should be easy to find if the demand is great enough.

She might get more out of the split classes, ie creative writing and art. Than if they were combined.
0 Replies

lpraveen

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 01:29 pm
Thank you for your guidance, I will join her to the Arts class. in Arts is there a specialization which specifically teaches this kind of skills ?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Improving Creative Story Writing Skills
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 08:32:27