About these burning Samsungs

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 05:45 am
Everywhere its the Samsung note 7, and if I am remembering correctly it is the 6 as well, that are catching on fire. I do not own either of those, however I do own a samsung which... burned.

It first started when I took out an adapter because the back of my phone felt horribly hot and when I did, the very end tip of the cord, where it attaches to my phone, had smoke coming out. It is a micro adapter. I threw it out.

About 3 days later, the bottom of my phone had smoke, and my screen cracked while plugged in. I unplugged it and a tiny flame appeared, followed by a puff of smoke. I can not turn that phone back on for anything. I contacted Samsung and they claimed to not have any reports from a Galaxy which is what I owned, and the email said that they were assuming the problem was with aftermarket chargers. I did not mention that I was using the Samsung charger.

Has this happened with anyone else?

The galaxy I have is their more expensive version, in some places topping out at around 200. They have cheaper versions too which go down to 100 or less. If this isnt limited to the Notes, then it could be the product itself....?

To not have to pay full price, I was only limited to a replacement/upgrade of what I had so I am a weeeee bit nervous..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 476 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 12:43 pm
I've survived a little more than 3 years with the Samsung Galaxy 4. No sudden bursting into flame or smoking; however, at the start I was bothered by what seemed to me at least to be extreme heating of the unit. Upon looking into the matter, I found it was a sadly common occurrence, but there were some alleged ways to fix it. Not being technically inclined, I froze before going through some online suggestions. It still gets warmer than I'd like at times, but, not as hot.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » About these burning Samsungs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:44:58