The resurrection of the Lost Eva Birthday Bash Thread

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:35 am
What a birthday Bash it was! And now it's lost.

It was, according to all who had contributed to it, the finest hour of internet birthday threads. Not only had hundreds of A2Kers left their personal wishes for the "Queen of the Heartfelts" but we had also heard from celebrities like Martin, J-lo, Steve, Esther, Ben and newJen; rappers Grandmaster Flash and the 'P keyed in to let the world know their love and the last person Martha wrote to before she got in the limo to head for jail was, you guessed it, our own little Eva.

Accolades poured in from around the globe from world leaders, I thought Chirac's poems were incredible, the best of an extended list of high officials and kings vying for the chance to express their greetings to one of the finest people on the planet, and to see the little video clip of Tony Blair waving his arms like an excited school boy at a football match while standing behind the Queen, well, that did me in.

I especially liked, although they are lost in space now, the cyber-montages created for the event by the Chinese performance artist Tu Hung Lo. His website has been shut down by the authorities and though FreedomWatch has issued a complaint through our embassy, the government continues to say it is an internal matter.

Well, though it is well known that you cannot recreate an artful moment could we at least bring back a glimmer of it here?

Your comments and wished regarding Eva would be appreciated.

Joe
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 564 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Eva

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 12:02 pm
This is really nice of you, Joe. <kiss>

I turn "The Big Five-Oh" on Sunday and am really looking forward to my fifties.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 03:32 pm
why? are you insane? The mind is the first thing to go.
y
Then the bladder

Then the handm eyu coordnatoin
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 03:40 pm
I'm looking forward to my fifties too, although I'd rather you just pay my bill through PayPal.

Joe
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:14 am
Oh, how cool is this!!! An Eva Birthday party is just what we needed.

A BIG HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY going out to you Eva. It has been a great honour knowing you and hope to keep the pleasure for many years to come.

I lift my glass and make a toast to one of the finest ladies I've ever known!

Cheers :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:31 am
Happy, happy birthday to you, Eva, you special A2K person, you! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 10:48 am
Happy Birthday, Eva--even if you aren't nearly the woman you used to be.

The fifties are a good decade. Enjoy. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:22 pm
Thanks so much everyone! I'm having a "birthday weekend," it seems! My sister flew in from Seattle yesterday to surprise me, and what a surprise it was! (We only get to see each other every couple of years.) She flew down just to help me celebrate. How great is that?!

The mind is the first thing to go, farmerman? Then I'm safe for awhile.
<whew!>

Didn't receive any bill, Joe. Hmm. You'd better send me a duplicate. You do take Monopoly money, right?

Pass me that champagne, Montana! Oh rats, she drank it all. Somebody call Cav and have him bring over another case...

Thank you very much, msolga!

Noddy, I do think you're quite right about the fifties. From what I've been told, I am quite looking forward to them. It's such a relief to get to an age where you no longer feel the need to measure up to anyone else's expectations. Don't worry...I have a very firm grip on my dominion. And I ain't lettin' go.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The resurrection of the Lost Eva Birthday Bash Thread
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:20:06