College essay for Computer Science

truboy

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 03:19 pm
Since my childhood, my life has been manifested by my deep interest in electronics. My memories of growing up are abundant with experiences of lighting up broken christmas bulbs with battery connected wires and putting together my own fan using motors from broken remote control cars. Every minute I spent indulged in these activities helped me realize how much I enjoyed analyzing the machines I was creating.

As I matured, however, and moved from India to the United States, my interests have shifted from simply creating machines to understanding the “levers” behind them. Despite the economic hardships my family endured, my father managed to save enough to buy a computer. I was strictly commanded not to trifle with it, yet I managed to take it all apart and put it back together again. This act of disobedience was my foundation of liberty, it fueled by my curiosity with machines, and helped me understand a hidden and complex world within the computer. The motherboard, hard-drive, and the power supply- my new friends.

What I had discovered that day sparked an interest in me that has never abated, I want to expand my curiosity and understand how these components act together as the structure of brilliant creations such as the internet. I seek to understand the complete connection between hardware and software and embrace the challenges of tomorrow. I strongly believe NC State University's intensive computer science program will sufficiently equip me with the skills I need to turn my questions into answers.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 237 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 03:33 pm
Heavy on fancy words, short on technical detail.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 04:07 pm
@contrex,
Still Con he writes well don't you think
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 05:42 pm
@truboy,
A wife asks her developer husband "Could you please go to the store for me and buy a carton of milk, if they have eggs, get 12." A short time later the husband comes back with 12 cartons of milk. The wife yells at him, "Why the hell did you buy 12 cartons of milk?!" He replied, "They had eggs."
dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:03 pm
@Krumple,
Krump thanks, love it
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » College essay for Computer Science
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:17:07